Although you can hide your entire friends list from your friends, that isn't very common.
The process of hiding your friends list from the profile visitors from a desktop computer or a laptop PC is simple. However while using an Android mobile phone, you need to use a workaround in order to get the job done.
Here is how you can prevent unknown profile visitors from viewing your friends list using an Android smart phone:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu button to go to the apps list.
- From the available apps, tap your favorite browser icon (E.g. Chrome) and open Facebook.com.
- If you are not already signed in, on the opened window, provide your login details in the appropriate fields and tap the Log In button.
- Since the PC version of Facebook site is needed to open on the mobile web browser (Google Chrome for this demonstration), after opening and logging in to your Facebook account on your mobile, in the address bar, remove the initial ‘m.’ from the Facebook URL.
- Once done, tap the Go button on the keyboard to open the PC version of the site.
- After the PC version of Facebook opens up, on the Home page of your Facebook account, click on your Name next to the home button.
- On your accounts timeline profile, click on the Friends option below your cover picture.
- On the Friends page, click on the Manage Sections button which has a pencil like symbol on it, the button is present on the right side on the screen.
10. Click the pencil like button and you will see two options, click on the Edit Privacy option.
11. On the edit privacy window, select Only Me from the drop down list of options that shows Who can see my friends list option.
12. Once the work is done, click on the Close button to save the changes and to close the opened box.