A Google+ Circle can be created and members can be added to it very easily when the account is accessed via a desktop computer or laptop PC. However, things might get a bit tricky when you try to perform the same task using any Android smartphone.
While using an Android smartphone, if you want to create a Google+ Circle and add Gmail contacts to it, you must have the Google+ app installed on your phone. Once the app is successfully installed (which in most cases is already available on smartphones as a built-in program), and your phone has an active Internet connection, you can follow the steps given below to get the job done:
- Turn on your Android mobile.
- Tap the Menu button to open the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Google+ icon.
- From the Google+ home page that opens up, tap the user icon located next to the bell icon in the title bar.
- On the People interface, from the Suggestions list, tap the Add button representing any of the Gmail contacts that you want to add to your Google+ circle.
- On the Choose a circle page, tap Create a new circle to add a new circle to the list.
- In the New circle box that appears, type a unique name in the available field (E.g. Gmail contacts), and tap OK.
- Finally, on Choose a circle window, tap OK to save the changes.
- Once this is done, follow the steps 1 to 5 and choose your other Gmail contacts. On step 5 to add them to your newly created Google+ circle.
Note: In order to add multiple contacts to your circle, you must follow the steps for each contact individually.