Facebook search history may include the profiles and/or names of the people that you may have searched and/or visited, Facebook fan pages, posts, etc.
Since Facebook search history is separate from the search history that browsers store, it cannot be cleared just by deleting the cookies from your mobile phone. Instead, Facebook has a special and dedicated button to clear the search history that the website stores.
You can use your Android phone to erase Facebook search history if it has the Facebook app installed in it. Most Android smartphones that are available these days already have it built-in. If your mobile phone does not have the app, you can download it for free from the Google Play Store.
Assuming that you already have the Facebook app available on your Android phone, and the phone has an active Internet connection, here is how you can clear your Facebook search history from your smartphone:
- Power on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu button to go to Menu screen.
- Locate and tap the Facebook app.
- Once opened, on the log in window, enter your credentials and tap the Log In button to sign-in to your account.
- After you are logged in, from the News Feed interface, tap the search icon (magnifying glass icon) present at top of the interface.
- On the opened RECENTLY SEARCHED window, tap the EDIT icon (icon with the gear symbol) at top-right corner.
- On the Activity Log window that opens up next, locate and tap the Clear Searches option.
- On the Clear Searches window, tap the Confirm button to clear the recent search history of your Facebook account.