Android smartphones allow you to opt-out of the interest-based ads so that Google no longer uses your browsing history to choose and display ads relevant to your interests. This doesn’t mean that Google won’t display any advertisements at all. Google will display the ads, but they won’t be on the basis of your browsing history or your previous searches.
Using your Android smartphone, here’s how you can opt-out of interest-based ads by Google:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu button to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Settings icon.
- Once the Settings page opens up, tap the Google option from the ACCOUNTS section.
- On the Google interface, tap the Ads option from the PRIVACY section.
- From the Ads window, tap to check the Opt out of interest-based ads checkbox.
- Once done, tap the back button multiple times to come out of the Settings window, and start using your phone normally.