For example, if you don’t want your location shared with your friends when you chat with them, you can configure your Facebook profile accordingly.
In order to hide your location information while you chat with your friends using an Android smartphone, all you need to do is that you need to uncheck an option which is by enabled by default. Once the option is disabled, your friends won’t be presented with your location information while you chat with them.
Here’s how you can prevent your location information from being displayed:
- Turn your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Facebook app icon to launch the app.
- If you are not already logged-in, provide your login credentials in the given fields, and tap the Log In button.
- On the News Feed window, tap the More icon (icon with the three horizontal lines) at top-right corner of the interface.
- On the More interface, tap the App Settings option under the HELP & SETTINGS section.
- Once the Settings interface opens up, tap the Messenger location services under the GENERAL SETTINGS section.
Note: Messenger location services feature will be on by default.
- On the opened pop up box, tap to uncheck the checkbox representing Location is on to disable the feature.
- Finally, tap the OK button to apply the changes.