Speaking of the Android Skype app, you can use it to make Skype-to-Skype calls to your friends, relatives, family members, etc. If you have purchased sufficient Skype credits, you can also make Skype-to-mobile calls using your Android smartphone (or other platforms).
In order to make Skype calls, you must have a Skype account that you may create either by logging onto the Skype official website, or right from the Skype app itself once it is installed.
Using the Android Skype app, making calls from your Android smartphone is easy.
Here is how:
- Turn on your Android phone if it is not on.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- From the available list of apps, locate and tap the Skype app icon.
- If you are not already logged-in, sign-in either using your Microsoft account or Skype Name.
- Assuming that you plan to use your Skype Name to sign-in, provide your credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Sign in button.
- Once the Skype interface opens up, tap the person’s name whom you want to call. (E.g. Peter Frank in this demonstration).
- On the person’s profile, tap the call icon from the bottom of the window to initiate a Skype call.