In order to upload a video on YouTube using an Android smartphone, you must have the YouTube Android mobile app installed on your phone. The app is usually already installed on newer Android phones, If your phone is older, you can downloaded the YouTube app from the Google Play Store.
Assuming that you have already downloaded and installed the YouTube app on your Android smartphone, below is the process using which you can upload any video on your registered YouTube account:
Note: Before uploading any video on YouTube, make sure that you have carefully read and fully understood the terms and conditions of the site, and that YouTube supports the format of the video file that you wish to upload.
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the YouTube app Icon to launch the app.
- On the What to Watch interface (i.e. the interface that opens up by default), tap the YouTube icon from the top-left corner.
- Once the Menu window opens up, tap the Uploads option from the displayed list.
Note: If no uploaded videos are available, interface opens up with the text ‘No uploads found’. Otherwise a list of uploaded videos is displayed.
- Once this is done, on the Uploads interface, tap the Upload icon (icon with the up arrow) located at the top-right corner of the interface.
- Tap the desired video available on the Recent interface.
Note: All the available videos on your phone gallery would be displayed on this interface.
Note: If the desired video is not present in Recent window, tap the Menu icon (icon with three horizontal line) at the top-left corner of the interface, and from the Open from menu, tap the desired location where the target video is located.
- Assuming that your desired video is available in the Recent window, tap the video to proceed to the next step.
- Once done, on the Upload window, enter title and a brief description (optional) in the TITLE and DESCRIPTION fields respectively.
10. Under the PRIVACY section, tap the available option, and then tap the desired privacy method for your uploaded video. (E.g. Public, Unlisted, or Private).
11. Next, tap the Comma separated list of tags field under the TAGS section, and type the appropriate related keywords for the video.
12. Once you have completed everything, finally tap the Upload icon at the top-right corner of the interface to start uploading the video on YouTube.