If you are free and are online on Facebook just for fun, you spend some quality time checking the notifications and responding to them accordingly. On the other hand, if you are using your Facebook profile for business purposes, you might not want to overpopulate your account with unwanted and unnecessary notifications.
You can un-follow posts that are generating a lot of notifications. This can be done easily using your Android smartphone.
- Turn on Your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Facebook icon.
- If prompted, provide your login credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Log In button.
- On the News Feed interface, tap the down arrow button located at the top-right corner of the selected post from which you do not want to receive the notifications anymore.
- Once done, on the pop-up box, tap the Unfollow button (e.g. Unfollow Rehala in this demonstration) to unfollow the post and stop receiving the notifications.