Although enabling synchronization is a good idea in order to become available to all of your friends, you might want to un-sync your contacts and phonebook from your Facebook account when you plan to deactivate or completely delete your account, of if you are heading towards creating a new Facebook profile for your business or personal use.
Regardless of the reason, here’s how you can un-sync your Facebook app from contacts and phonebook on your Android phone:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Facebook icon.
- If you are not already signed-in, tap the Log In button after providing necessary credentials in the appropriate fields.
- Once the News Feed page opens up, tap the More button (icon with three horizontal lines) from the top-right corner.
- On the More interface, tap the App Settings option under the HELP & SETTINGS section.
- On the Settings window, tap the Sync Contacts under the OTHER SETTINGS section at the bottom of the interface.
- On the Contacts Sync window, tap to select the Remove Facebook data option from displayed list.
- Once this is done, tap the Done button from the top-right corner to save the settings and make the changes effective.