- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the YouTube app icon.
- On the What to Watch interface, tap the Search icon from the title bar to search the target channel.
- On the next opened window, tap the All (available by default in the drop-down list), at the top-left corner of the interface, under the title bar.
- Tap the Channels option to filter the channels from the other categories.
- From the list of channels, tap the desired one. (E.g. Music channel in this demonstration).
- Once done, tap the SUBSCRIBE button to subscribe to the target channel.
- After subscription, tap the YouTube icon (icon with three horizontal lines) at the top-left corner of the interface.
- Finally, tap the My Subscriptions option from the displayed list to check the subscribed channels.
The advantage of subscribing to a YouTube channel is that every time a new video is added to the channel, you instantaneously get notified about the video, and the thumbnail of the video is also displayed on ‘Subscription’ section of your YouTube profile.