Just as in the desktop/laptop version of the Twitter website, you can also easily search for people using the Twitter app for Android smartphones.
In most new Android smartphones, the Twitter app is already installed and is available for use. However if your smartphone doesn't have the app, you can get your copy of Twitter for Android from the Google Play Store.
Assuming that you already have the Twitter app available on your Android smartphone, here is
how you can search people on Twitter and follow them:
- Turn on your Android phone if it is not already powered on.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Twitter app icon.
- On the opened window, tap the Search icon (icon with a magnifying glass symbol) at the top-right corner of the interface.
- In the available search field, type the name or the username of the person who you want to follow.
- From the displayed list of suggested people, tap the desired person to go to the timeline.
- Once done, on the selected person’s profile, tap the FOLLOW button to follow him/her.