Removing your Google+ profile does not affect your other Google accounts such as your YouTube account, Gmail account, blogs that you may have created using the Google ID, etc.
Deactivating or completely deleting your Google+ profile removes all of the circles and contacts that were added to them. It is very important that you make sure that you want to delete your Google+ profile before you actually do so.
Once you are sure that you want to delete your Google+ profile, here’s how you can get it done using your Android smartphone:
- Turn on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the Menu icon to display the apps list.
- From the displayed apps list, locate and tap the Settings icon.
- On the Settings interface, tap the Google option under the ACCOUNTS section.
- Once the Google window opens up, tap Google+ under the PRIVACY section.
- Once this is done, under the ACCOUNT SETTINGS section, tap the username whose account you want to deactivate. (E.g. Jacob moore in this demonstration)
- On the user’s profile settings, tap the Account option from the available list.
- On the Account interface, tap the Disable Google+ to proceed to next step.
- Finally, on the Disable Google+ pop up box, tap the OK button to delete your Google+ account.