For example, if you get married, it is considered a ‘Life Event’, and Facebook allows you to add this event to your profile so that all your friends will know about it. Also, like all other Facebook posts, you can set the visibility scope (i.e. Public, Friends, or Only Me) of your ‘Life Event.'
Once created, you can also change the ‘Life Event’ based on your situation (e.g. you became a father or you are expecting a baby).
Here’s how you can create a ‘Life Event’ on Facebook using an Android smartphone:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu button to go to the apps lists.
- Locate and tap your favorite browser (e.g. Google Chrome for this demonstration), and open Facebook.com.
- To sign-in to your Facebook account, provide your login credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Log In button.
- Once the News Feed page opens up, tap the More button (button with three horizontal lines) at the top-left corner of the interface.
- From the displayed list, tap your profile name to open your timeline page.
- On your timeline, tap the Life Event button below the Friends tab.
- On the Add a Title window, from the available options, tap the desired option from the displayed list. (E.g. Achievement or Award for this demonstration).
- On Add Details interface, provide the appropriate details in the available fields.
10. Finally, tap the Post button at the top-right corner to complete the life event creation process.