Code Generator has been integrated in the app in order to enhance the security of Facebook profiles by prohibiting users to log on to the accounts using any new device in the absence of the unique code.
While signing in to your Facebook account from any new device, Facebook asks for the unique code. At your end, you must check for the unique code generated by the Code Generator, and type it in the available field. Make sure you do this within the 30 seconds after the code is generated. If you fail to do so, you will have to type the new code generated by the Code Generator.
You can find the Code Generator and the unique code for your Facebook account on the Facebook app from the location described in the steps below:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu button to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Facebook icon.
- To sign-in to your Facebook account, provide your login credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Log In button.
- Once the News Feed page opens up, tap the More button (icon with three horizontal lines) on the top-right corner of the interface.
- On the More page, tap the Code Generator option (option with lock symbol) under the HELP & SETTINGS section.
- Type the six digit unique code from the Code Generator window to sign-in to your Facebook account from the new device.