In case you have not provided the correct gender information, wish to change it, or if you have filled the Gender field of your Facebook profile incorrectly by accident, you can easily update the info by accessing your Facebook profile either from your laptop/desktop computer, or your Android smartphone.
Updating your gender information on Facebook using your Android smart phone requires just a few taps.
Here is how:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu button to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Facebook icon.
- If you are not already signed-in, provide the necessary account credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Log in button.
- Once the News Feed interface opens up, tap the More button (button with three horizontal lines), from the top-right corner.
- On the More interface, tap on your name to go to your timeline. (E.g. Jacob Moore in this demonstration)
- Once your timeline page appears, tap the About icon.
- On the opened interface, tap the About section.
- On the next window that appears, locate the BASIC INFO section, and tap the EDIT button.
10. Once done, in the GENDER section, tap the appropriate option to set your gender.