If you are a Facebook user, leaving the ‘Add Friend’ option open to everyone might overpopulate your Facebook profile with several friend requests from unknown Facebook users. In order to avoid this situation, you can hide the ‘Add Friend’ button from others. When you do so, the ‘Add Friend’ button becomes available only to the people who have at least one friend in common with you (also known as a "Mutual Friend").
Here is how you can restrict Facebook friend requests on your account using your Android smartphone:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu button to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Facebook icon.
- If you are not already signed-in, provide your necessary credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Log in button.
- Once the News Feed interface opens up, tap the More button (button with three horizontal lines) from the top-right corner.
- On the More window, scroll down the page and tap the Account Settings option located under the HELP & SETTINGS section.
- Tap the Privacy option on the Settings window.
- Once the How You Connect page appears, tap the Who can send you friend requests? available under the Who can contact me? section.
- Finally on the Select Audience page, under the Who can send you friend requests? category, tap the Friends of Friends option to prevent unknown Facebook users from sending you friend request.