However, if you do not want anyone to see where you went, or which locations you navigated to using Google Maps, you can clear the history and the cached copy of the located places from the app and your Android smartphone.
Here is how:
- Switch on your Android smartphone.
- Press the Menu button to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Maps app icon to start Google Maps.
- From the opened interface, tap the options button (icon with three horizontal lines) at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- From the displayed list, tap the Settings option.
- Once done, from the opened Settings window, tap the Maps history option.
- On the Maps history interface, tap the X button representing the desired search locations.
- Finally, on the Delete confirmation box that opens up, tap the Delete button.
Note: In order to delete the history of multiple locations, follow the above steps for each location individually.