For example, if you want to send your Facebook photos automatically to your Dropbox folder, you can create a corresponding recipe in the IFTTT app.
Enable the synchronization reduces your overhead that you might otherwise have to face if you were to perform the same activity on different accounts individually.
Although IFTTT already has several recipes created and shared by other users and are likely to best fit your needs, you can create your own recipes right from the scratch so that you can customize them to get exactly what you want.
Creating a recipe in IFTTT Android app is pretty simple and requires just a few taps on the correct icons.
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the menu button to go to the app list.
- Locate and tap the IFTTT app icon.
- On the Sign In window, provide your login credentials in the Username or email and Password fields, and tap Sign In to continue.
- Once signed-in, on the IFTTT home screen, tap the recipe button (button with a bowl icon) located at the top-right corner.
- On the My Recipes window, tap the plus icon located at top of the interface.
- Once done, on the Create a Recipe window, create a new recipe by tapping the big plus icon present between the ‘if’ and ‘then’ from the center of the screen.
- From the Select Trigger interface, choose the desired app from the ribbon (E.g. Email).
- Once done, you might also have to choose the second app, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the recipe creation process.
10. Activate your chosen channels when asked.