Although cookies allow to load previously visited web pages more quickly, many times they also send the saved personal information such as your email address or phone number to third-party advertisers. The advertisers can then send you promotional emails and/or make phone calls to your mobile number encouraging you to buy their products.
Considering the above, it is a good practice to keep deleting the cookies from time to time from your web browser apps on your Android smartphone.
Here’s how you can clear the saved cookies from your Android smartphone’s web browser:
- Turn on your Android phone, if it is powered off.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the web browser icon from which you want to clear the cookies. (E.g. Google chrome in this demonstration).
- From the opened window, tap the options icon (icon with three vertical dots) at the top-right corner of the interface.
- From the displayed list, tap the Settings option.
- On the Settings interface, tap Privacy under the ADVANCED section.
- Once this is done, on the Privacy window, tap the CLEAR BROWSING DATA button at the bottom of the interface.
- On the Clear browsing data pop up box, tap to check the Clear cookies, site data checkbox.
- Optionally, on the basis of your requirements, tap to check the other checkboxes representing the other options as well.
10. Finally, tap the Clear button to clear the selected cookies options.