To help you with this, Android allows you to set parental controls on the app store that is secured by a security PIN which you can create while setting up the controls for the first time.
By setting the parental control on Google Play Store on your Android app, you ensure that your kids are unable to download the adult apps or the ones that fall under a specific maturity category.
Here’s how you can set parental control on Google Play Store on your Android smartphone:
- Turn on your Android smartphone if it is powered off.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Play Store from the displayed list of apps
- On the opened window, tap the Menu icon (icon with the three horizontal lines) at the top-left corner of the interface.
- From the displayed list, tap the Settings option.
- On the Settings window, tap Content filtering under the USER CONTROLS section.
- On the Allow apps rated for pop up box, tap the appropriate radio button as per your requirement. (E.g. Medium maturity in this demonstration.)
- Tap OK when done.
- On the Content PIN pop up box, tap the Type PIN field and enter a new security PIN to restrict access.
10. Tap OK to continue.
11. On the Confirm content PIN pop up box, re-enter the PIN in the required field, and tap OK to complete the process.
Note: You will be required to provide the PIN number wherever needed while using Play Store.