When the two-step verification is enabled, every time you try to use a new device to log on to your Facebook account, before allowing you to use your profile, Facebook asks for the PIN number that you specified while enabling the feature.
You might want to enable the two-step verification for your Facebook profile in order to ensure that only the authorized and approved devices are used to access your Facebook account, and no one is able to forge your Facebook profile by any means.
Here’s how you can enable the two-step verification for your Facebook account using an Android smartphone:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Facebook icon.
- If prompted, provide the required credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Log In button.
- On the News Feed interface, tap the More button (icon with three horizontal lines) from the top-right corner of the interface.
- From the More window, tap the Account Settings option under the HELP & SETTINGS section.
- On the next interface, tap the Text Messaging option from the available list.
- After tapping, on the Text Messaging Settings window, tap the Edit button representing the Mobile PIN feature.
- Once this is done, on the Mobile PIN interface, tap to select the On radio button to enable the feature.
10. In the enabled New PIN and Confirm new PIN fields, specify a new PIN that you want to use for authentication.
11. Finally tap the Save button to activate the two-step verification for your Facebook account.