The Google+ Hangouts Android app enables you conduct group video chats, text chats, share captured photos, etc.
To set up Google+ Hangout on your Android phone, you must download, install, and sign-in to your Google account using your smartphone.
Note: Most new Android smartphones already have Hangouts as a built-in app. If your phone does not have Hangouts, you can follow the below instructions right from step 1 to download and install the app on your device. If the case is otherwise, you can skip the installation steps and jump directly to step 7.
Here’s how you can install and use the Google+ Hangouts app on your Android smartphone:
- Power on your smartphone.
- Once unlocked, tap the Menu button to open apps list.
- Locate and tap the Play Store icon in order to launch the Play Store app.
- On the Play Store interface, search the Hangouts app from the search box located on the top of the interface.
- On the Hangouts search results window, tap the Hangouts icon.
- On the opened Apps page for Hangouts, tap the Install button to download and install the app.
- Once the app is installed, tap Open.
Note: If your smartphone already has the app installed, you must go to the Menu interface of your phone, and locate and tap the Hangouts icon from the displayed apps’ list.
- Once the Hangouts app opens up, tap the Existing button to sign-in to the app with your existing Google account. If you don’t have an existing account, tap the New button, and follow on-screen instructions to make a new Google account.
- Assuming that you already have a Google account, on the Sign in interface, sign-in to your account by entering email address and password in the Email and the Password fields respectively.
10. Once you are signed-in, you can start using the Hangouts app to share photos, text chat, video chat, etc.