If you find that the spell checker is getting in your way or that you just don't need it, you can turn it off.
Here is how to turn the spell checker off on your Android device:
- Switch on your Android smartphone by pressing the power button.
- Tap the menu icon to display the apps list.
- From the available list, tap the Settings icon.
- On the Settings window, under the PERSONAL section, tap the Language & input option.
- Once the Language & input interface comes up, uncheck the Spell checker checkbox from the Language section to turn off the auto correct option on your device.
- Finally start typing something in any text editor app or the new SMS interface to check if the modifications have been successfully made.
Note: Turning off the Spell checker feature may keep you from identifying the spelling mistakes that you make while typing.