In order to maintain the efficiency of the installed app and your Android phone, you should keep clearing the cache and temporary data from the apps memory.
You might also want to clear the data and cache memory for a particular app in order to make it forget the stored account credentials. For example, if you install Facebook Messenger on your Android smartphone and sign in to your account using the Messenger app, you cannot sign out from it as there is no built-in ‘Log off’ or ‘Sign out’ option available in the app itself. Therefore, in order to remove the saved credentials and to sign out from the Facebook Messenger, you must clear the saved data and the cache memory of the app.
Here is how:
- Turn on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the menu icon to display the apps list.
- Tap the Settings icon from the displayed interface.
- Under the Settings interface, from the DEVICE section, locate and tap Apps.
- On the Apps window, from available apps, tap to select the app whose data and cache you want to clear. (E.g. Adobe Reader in this demonstration.)
- Once the App info interface comes up, under the STORAGE section, tap the Clear data button to clear the data of selected app.
- Under the CACHE section, tap the Clear cache button to clear the cache as well.
- Once this is done, restart the device and start using it normally.