This makes it really easy to locate places you've already been, and that can be very helpful! If you're more privacy-minded, you might now want Google Maps to store where you've been.
The process of deleting Google Maps location history is simple. Here is how you can get it done:
- Turn on your Android smartphone.
- Tap the menu icon to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Maps app icon to launch the Google map.
- On the Home page, tap the Menu icon (icon with the three horizontal lines) from the bottom-left corner.
- From the available options, tap Settings.
- Tap the Google location settings option from the Settings interface.
- Once the Location interface opens up, ensure that the Location toggle button is enabled.
- Under the LOCATION SERVICES section, tap the Google Location Reporting option.
- When the Google location settings interface appears, tap the Location History option under your email address.
- Finally, on the Location History interface, tap the DELETE LOCATION HISTORY button from the bottom to delete the Google Maps location history.