Assuming that your Android smart phone is connected to the Internet, has a web browser, you can use these steps to see and respond to your messages without Facebook Messenger.
- Turn on your Android Smartphone.
- Tap the Menu icon to display the apps list.
- From the displayed list, locate and tap your favorite web browser. (E.g. Google Chrome in this demonstration.)
- Once the web browser opens up, in the address bar, type www.facebook.com and hit Go button.
- If you are not already logged in, provide your login credentials in the appropriate fields and tap the Log In button.
- On the Home interface, tap the Messages icon from the menu bar at the top.
- From the Messages popup box, tap the See all messages link.
- Once done, on the next interface, from the displayed list of contacts, tap the contact whose messages you want to see.