With the help of VPN feature available in the android OS, the administrators and users can establish a client/server VPN setup using the android device as a VPN client and connecting to the VPN server that may be anywhere around the globe.
In order to set up the VPN client in the android device, the device must be protected by either the PIN or password without which the users cannot initiate the VPN client setup.
Once the basic prerequisites are met, below steps can be followed to setup a client VPN on an android device:
- On the tablet, tap the app drawer icon from the home screen.
- From the displayed icons, tap Settings.
- On the opened Settings window, ensure that the Wi-Fi for the device is enabled.
- Once verified, tap More settings from the left pane.
- From the right pane, tap the VPN option.
- On the opened window, tap Add VPN network.
- On the opened box, populate the fields with the correct values and tap Save button.
- Once done, the VPN connection can be established by using the created VPN client setup.
Note: Using VPN setup on any android or non-android device requires a completely secured infrastructure in order to prevent unwanted data theft or accidental data loss. If you are using your tablet or mobile phone as a VPN client, make sure that you have proper security tools installed on your device, and it is well protected from the intruders or virus attacks.