Backing up your data to a hard drive or SD card will ensure you don't lose anything during the rest (and you should be backing up your data regularly, anyway). Backed up data can be restored to your tablet after it is reset.
In order to hard reset your Samsung tablet, the steps given below must be followed:
- Ensure that the Samsung tablet is powered off.
- Press the Power and the Volume Up button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
- Once the logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
- On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
- Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
- On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes -- delete all user data option is highlighted.
- Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung tablet device, which will also clear the dalvik cache.