Your question

Looking for RCA (from console) to USB (for headset)

  • Consoles
  • RCA
  • Gaming Headsets
Last response: in Audio
July 12, 2018 4:12:51 PM

So the title explains it pretty well. Have some older consoles but my TV is really horrendous, it was a gift but it is really low quality. Now I have a RCA to HDMI converter for my older consoles but the problem is that the sound quality is very low on my monitor. My headset plugs in with the USB, and I am hoping to find something to plug the sound portion into and then plug my headset into. However, I am unable to find one that will plug RCA into it and Allow me to plug a USB headset into it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

More about : rca console usb headset

July 12, 2018 4:25:47 PM

So to clarify, you want a solution that allows you to plug a USB PC headset into something that you also plug the RCA into so that you can simply use them as headphones?

To double clarify, the RCA you speak of is having a Yellow video cable and a White and Red cable for audio? or are you talking about coaxial RCA?
July 12, 2018 4:43:40 PM

Such a "solution" is in essence a computer with sound card accepting audio, digitizing it and USB headset plugged in. I doubt you'll find one, and even if you do, there will e (noticeable) delay. You can try how this works with eg a laptop

Get standard headset with 3.5mm audio just for your console.
Related resources
July 12, 2018 4:47:40 PM

Well it was worth a check, but yes. Its the RCA cables that come with the console (Red, white, yellow) and I wanted something I could also plug my headset into. I figured it was something beyond just a simple converter....but I though i'd ask.

Best solution

July 12, 2018 5:42:49 PM

so you have a pair of regular headphones that connect using a standard 3.5m jack?

If so, then here are some options.

Does the console in question have an SPDIF output option? If so then this is what you will need.

otherwise, if not, then you will still use the above device but along with using an adapter for RCA to 3.5mm and then another adapter from 3.5mm to coaxial. Then you can plug a standard 3.5mm pair of headphones into the output of the amp AND control the volume level with the dial on it.

Alternatively, you can get something like this headset for headphone use.
(I've used this model before on a 360 and it worked great. But I said something "like" it. There might be other options out there that are cheaper or better quality for the same price. Not guaranteeing that there will be much better for the price but you never know.)
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS