Your question
Closed

Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop keyboard buttons not working

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Lenovo
  • Keyboards
  • Hardware Issue
  • Laptops
  • windows 10
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
December 19, 2017 7:37:34 AM

Hi everyone,

So i'll get right to my problem:

This year in March I bought a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop and it worked wonderfully. But after a few months I started getting a keyboard problem, some of the letters were not working to be more specific E, G, H, (Num Lock) - numbers: 8, 9 , and the function key Fn and at that time I just had to push them in harder, now it's December and it's gotten so bad that i need to shake my laptop like really hard if i want the letters to work (but I am trying not to damage it :D  not a psycho). I tried using a USB keyboard connected to it, and it worked fine. So I'm guessing it's a hardware problem, and I should maybe send it to a service center for repairing. But i wanted to get some advice on this forum, maybe there is still something i can do to fix it without sending it into service. The only issue i have with sending it to a repair service is that I'm going to wait a long time until i get my laptop back, and I hate waiting it's the worst :(  .

So any suggestions what should I do anything would be nice !!

Thank you, and sorry for my English i'ts not my native language.

More about : lenovo legion y520 laptop keyboard buttons working

Best solution

a c 2155 D Laptop
a b β Windows 10
December 21, 2017 5:45:43 AM

If you don't want to send the laptop somewhere, buy another keyboard for it and replace it. Shaking a computer or trying to push on it harder is bad, you are just going to cause more damage to the thing.
Share
December 21, 2017 5:51:23 AM

Yeah you are probably right, I will send it into repair soon, thank you for the replay anyways !! :) 
Score
0
Related resources
a c 222 D Laptop
December 21, 2017 1:24:06 PM

Phoenix_5 said:
Thank you, and sorry for my English i'ts not my native language.


You speak English better than many native speakers of the language here. In fact, I never would have guessed that English isn't your native tongue. :D 

Score
0
December 22, 2017 12:42:33 AM

1shado1 said:
Phoenix_5 said:
Thank you, and sorry for my English i'ts not my native language.


You speak English better than many native speakers of the language here. In fact, I never would have guessed that English isn't your native tongue. :D 



Score
0
December 22, 2017 12:43:50 AM

Haha thank you this means a lot to me.
Score
0
December 29, 2017 10:46:09 AM

Phoenix_5 said:
Haha thank you this means a lot to me.


Score
0
December 29, 2017 10:47:53 AM

Where are you came from, which country?
Score
0
December 29, 2017 11:55:18 AM

rodjaevo said:
Where are you came from, which country?


I am from Croatia.
Score
0
December 30, 2017 11:49:39 AM

ionescu1iulian said:
Phoenix_5 said:
Hi everyone,

So i'll get right to my problem:

This year in March I bought a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop and it worked wonderfully. But after a few months I started getting a keyboard problem, some of the letters were not working to be more specific E, G, H, (Num Lock) - numbers: 8, 9 , and the function key Fn and at that time I just had to push them in harder, now it's December and it's gotten so bad that i need to shake my laptop like really hard if i want the letters to work (but I am trying not to damage it :D  not a psycho). I tried using a USB keyboard connected to it, and it worked fine. So I'm guessing it's a hardware problem, and I should maybe send it to a service center for repairing. But i wanted to get some advice on this forum, maybe there is still something i can do to fix it without sending it into service. The only issue i have with sending it to a repair service is that I'm going to wait a long time until i get my laptop back, and I hate waiting it's the worst :(  .

So any suggestions what should I do anything would be nice !!

Thank you, and sorry for my English i'ts not my native language.


dude i have the EXACT same issue as you do. i wonder if this is a general issue


Mate, I have no idea if it's a problem in production or if something happened to the product while it was being delivered, but the facts are that some letters are not working due to something that isn't our fault and it's a issue that has to be resolved. When I get my laptop back from the repair service I am going to ask them what the problem was, and I will post the answer here.

Score
0
February 4, 2018 9:47:21 AM

Hi everyone so I said i would post an answer after my laptop got back from the repair shop. So I'm writing ^_^. The guy at the repair shop told me that this is a series problem and that the only way to fix it is by replacing the Upper Case and the keyboard. So after three weeks of waiting to get a call from them that they replaced what they had to, the day finally came. I picked it up and everything works now, I don't think i can explain what they did exactly but it just works the only thing that matters, right?! So yeah I advise you to send it into repair as soon as possible ! Happy to help you with this information, :D  if it helped you at all .
Score
0
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS