Solved! 600$-700$ laptop thin bezels, and aluminium

JobsforFun

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
1. What is your budget?
600$-700$
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Not sure on the exact size, I am open to anything but preferably somewhat thin
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Definitely 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Preferably portable, I don't want overly thin
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not exactly sure on the exact time but I'd prefer for it to last a decent amount of time since this will be taken to my college sometime in 2018
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I have my desktop for playing games, if I play games on my laptop i'd be something light like minecraft/stardew valley when traveling or on the go
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Laptop will mostly be used for web browsing and typing documents for college and DMing for dnd
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Preferably 1TB of storage
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I would prefer Amazon (since I have prime)/ or newegg
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I'd like something that would last a while
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't really need or use an optical drive but if the laptop has one it doesn't really matter.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I am open to any brands really, but I'd prefer brands that go easy on the bloatware
13. What country do you live in?
United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'd prefer a laptop with thin bezels and possibly an IPS screen I've heard they can be better but I am open to anything. I would also prefer a metal built laptop if its possible but again I am open to any suggestions.

I was looking at these 2 laptops
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-Intel-GeForce-E5-575G-75MD/dp/B01LD4MGR6/ref=sr_1_12?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1509049559&sr=1-12&keywords=laptop&refinements=p_36%3A2421888011

I really like this laptop but the color really puts me off
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834324022

JobsforFun

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

From what you will be using the system for, storage should not be an issue. It will take a lot of documents and web browsing to fill up even a 120 GB drive. Most people always want to know about how large the drive is, then use 5% of the available space. If you do need close to 1TB of storage, then a system with an M.2 drive and a normal drive bay would be better since the cost of a 1TB SSD is pretty high now.

JobsforFun

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

I'd imagine i'd be difficult to fill even with just documents but having 1TB of storage is still somewhat nice, I might try that Huawei laptop, I haven't seen many reviews but it is pretty much exactly what i'm looking for its just the color is kinda ugly