Your question

Toshiba Laptop Not Working Help Please!!!!!

Tags:
  • Black Screen
  • Toshiba
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
May 11, 2017 3:33:01 PM

Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite c55t-A5103 and it hasnt been working for a few months. When it is plugged in the orange light is on for charging but it doesnt power up and when i try it makes a tiny sound and then goes off and the power light blinks and off again. I tried the same thing when the battery was removed and same result. I have tried the trick to remove the batter and power source and then click the power button and hold it down to remove the electrical signals from the motherboard about 10 times. No luck. Im hoping somebody will be able to help me as this is my only laptop and i dont have the money to buy a new one.
-Thanks

More about : toshiba laptop working

May 12, 2017 1:04:45 AM

Hi,

If possible, I request you to reseat the RAM. Just remove it and put it back to same slot.
m
0
l
May 12, 2017 6:39:44 PM

Andrea Mathew said:
Hi,

If possible, I request you to reseat the RAM. Just remove it and put it back to same slot.


I tried that out and it didnt seem to work. I opened up the back and removed the ram and put it back it. I tried it twice and it didnt work out but thankyou for the suggestion!

m
0
l
Related resources
May 15, 2017 3:31:47 AM

Hi,

I suggest you to connect your PC with external monitor. This is to confirm whether there is any display issue. If possible you can swap and check the hard drive as you hear some sound from the PC.
m
0
l
May 15, 2017 2:25:21 PM

Hello,
The Eternal Monitor didn't work because the computer doesn't even have time to startup. I dont quite understand what you mean by swap and check the hard drive. Thanks
m
0
l
May 15, 2017 11:18:36 PM

Hi,
Swapping as in connecting a good hard drive to boot, if you can get 1 just to check. (only if you are comfortable with open case troubleshooting)
m
0
l
May 16, 2017 1:49:54 PM

Andrea Mathew said:
Hi,
Swapping as in connecting a good hard drive to boot, if you can get 1 just to check. (only if you are comfortable with open case troubleshooting)

Hey,
Ok would a hard drive from a dell laptop or from a desktop work?

m
0
l
May 16, 2017 11:34:45 PM

Please check if the other hard drive is of SATA interface and 2.5" form facotor. If so, then it can be used. Other option like getting a bootable device such as pendrive or external hard drive can be used only when if the system boots into the BIOS, as the settings needs to be changed.
m
0
l
May 18, 2017 4:08:34 PM

Andrea Mathew said:
Please check if the other hard drive is of SATA interface and 2.5" form facotor. If so, then it can be used. Other option like getting a bootable device such as pendrive or external hard drive can be used only when if the system boots into the BIOS, as the settings needs to be changed.

Hi,
I tried a working Hard Drive and nothing changed... Any other ideas?
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS