Your question
Solved

College laptop for battlefield 1

Tags:
  • Battlefield
  • MSI-Microstar
  • Portability
  • Laptops
  • Pascal
  • College
  • Nvidia
  • Asus
  • GPUs
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
April 20, 2017 10:23:41 AM

I've come to notice that I've made almost a dozen of these threads over the years but new tech comes out and everything changes... again and again :??:  I need a laptop that won't break my spine and someone I can run 3DS max and battlefield 1 on. I was thinking pascal. Like a gtx 1060 or something. Or maybe a 1070 if I can swing it! Any suggestions? My dad keeps saying to wait for dad's and grads sales near June. The deals can't be that good right? Here's some info.

1. What is your budget? 1500, will spend a little extra for quality

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any size really. I just need it big enough for animation but not too heavy

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080P or 1440P 4K on a laptop is absurd

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
6 hours tops

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I play battlefield 1.... enough said :lol: 
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video editing and animation. 3D mode creating an photo editing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
TONS
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

More about : college laptop battlefield

April 20, 2017 10:30:27 AM

Chaingunchris said:
I've come to notice that I've made almost a dozen of these threads over the years but new tech comes out and everything changes... again and again :??:  I need a laptop that won't break my spine and someone I can run 3DS max and battlefield 1 on. I was thinking pascal. Like a gtx 1060 or something. Or maybe a 1070 if I can swing it! Any suggestions? My dad keeps saying to wait for dad's and grads sales near June. The deals can't be that good right?


I'm not the best at gaming laptops, but I could give you a recommendation for specs:
CPU=i5-7400 (or an i5-6400 if you're on a budget)
GPU=GTX 1060
I would either go for an MSI or an Omen. Omen's are quite slim, and so are MSI laptops, so I think you should consider them.
The CPU and GPU I've selected are very good and can run BF1 well (on medium with 70FPS+ and never going below) even if you get the i5-6400.
Also, seeing as you're getting a gaming laptop, I recommend a 17" screen as you'll feel more comfortable with a good sized screen. A 15.6" screen with BF1 running on it just doesn't feel right in my opinion but it's just a matter of preference so you could go for a 15.6" screen if you want to.

Hope this helps! :) 
m
0
l
April 20, 2017 10:33:33 AM

BF1 is super cpu intensive so look for an i7 model.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 20, 2017 10:36:42 AM

M_sked said:
Chaingunchris said:
I've come to notice that I've made almost a dozen of these threads over the years but new tech comes out and everything changes... again and again :??:  I need a laptop that won't break my spine and someone I can run 3DS max and battlefield 1 on. I was thinking pascal. Like a gtx 1060 or something. Or maybe a 1070 if I can swing it! Any suggestions? My dad keeps saying to wait for dad's and grads sales near June. The deals can't be that good right?


I'm not the best at gaming laptops, but I could give you a recommendation for specs:
CPU=i5-7400 (or an i5-6400 if you're on a budget)
GPU=GTX 1060
I would either go for an MSI or an Omen. Omen's are quite slim, and so are MSI laptops, so I think you should consider them.
The CPU and GPU I've selected are very good and can run BF1 well (on medium with 70FPS+ and never going below) even if you get the i5-6400.
Also, seeing as you're getting a gaming laptop, I recommend a 17" screen as you'll feel more comfortable with a good sized screen. A 15.6" screen with BF1 running on it just doesn't feel right in my opinion but it's just a matter of preference so you could go for a 15.6" screen if you want to.

Hope this helps! :) 


jwcrellin said:
BF1 is super cpu intensive so look for an i7 model.


I updated the thread with some specifics like a budget. 1500$ US it did help :D 
m
0
l
April 21, 2017 11:13:23 AM

Chaingunchris said:
M_sked said:
Chaingunchris said:
I've come to notice that I've made almost a dozen of these threads over the years but new tech comes out and everything changes... again and again :??:  I need a laptop that won't break my spine and someone I can run 3DS max and battlefield 1 on. I was thinking pascal. Like a gtx 1060 or something. Or maybe a 1070 if I can swing it! Any suggestions? My dad keeps saying to wait for dad's and grads sales near June. The deals can't be that good right?


I'm not the best at gaming laptops, but I could give you a recommendation for specs:
CPU=i5-7400 (or an i5-6400 if you're on a budget)
GPU=GTX 1060
I would either go for an MSI or an Omen. Omen's are quite slim, and so are MSI laptops, so I think you should consider them.
The CPU and GPU I've selected are very good and can run BF1 well (on medium with 70FPS+ and never going below) even if you get the i5-6400.
Also, seeing as you're getting a gaming laptop, I recommend a 17" screen as you'll feel more comfortable with a good sized screen. A 15.6" screen with BF1 running on it just doesn't feel right in my opinion but it's just a matter of preference so you could go for a 15.6" screen if you want to.

Hope this helps! :) 


jwcrellin said:
BF1 is super cpu intensive so look for an i7 model.


I updated the thread with some specifics like a budget. 1500$ US it did help :D 


What sort of website do you want to buy your laptop from? It can either be a pre built or a customised one, I'll find you one. Link me a website or just tell me one so that I can find you a good laptop for your budget.
m
0
l
April 21, 2017 11:14:56 AM

jwcrellin said:
BF1 is super cpu intensive so look for an i7 model.


An i5 would still run it at 1080p medium at 60FPS+ on a i5-7400 CPU. An i7 for BF1 would be for 1440p gaming at 144Hz at ultra settings. I doubt he'll find a GPU and CPU that can run BF1 on ultra at 1440p at 1300 dollars.
m
0
l
April 21, 2017 12:40:00 PM

M_sked said:
jwcrellin said:
BF1 is super cpu intensive so look for an i7 model.


An i5 would still run it at 1080p medium at 60FPS+ on a i5-7400 CPU. An i7 for BF1 would be for 1440p gaming at 144Hz at ultra settings. I doubt he'll find a GPU and CPU that can run BF1 on ultra at 1440p at 1300 dollars.


What? Core i5 runs 1440p. Ultra detail settings are tied to the graphics chipset.
m
0
l
April 21, 2017 1:13:27 PM

jwcrellin said:
M_sked said:
jwcrellin said:
BF1 is super cpu intensive so look for an i7 model.


An i5 would still run it at 1080p medium at 60FPS+ on a i5-7400 CPU. An i7 for BF1 would be for 1440p gaming at 144Hz at ultra settings. I doubt he'll find a GPU and CPU that can run BF1 on ultra at 1440p at 1300 dollars.


What? Core i5 runs 1440p. Ultra detail settings are tied to the graphics chipset.

An i5 would be sufficient for just gaming but for what I'm doing which includes 3DS max stuff and video rendering I'm gonna need an i7.
The website doesn't really matter, just a site which doesn't (excuse my French) bitch and complain when you try to get your money back for something. *Cough* Newegg *cough*
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
April 24, 2017 2:00:29 AM

I would def recommend one with gtx1070. here's a couple choices under $1500

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT72VR-Dominator-Pro-257-i7-...

Display: 17.3" 120Hz 5ms Display Full HD, Anti-Glare IPS-Level Wide View Angle 1920x1080 | Operating System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (2.6-3.5GHz)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA's GTX 1070 8G GDDR5
Special features: 120Hz 5ms Display | Cooler Boost 4 | Steel Series Full-Color Backlight Keyboard | True Color Tehnology | Nahimic 2 Virtual Surround Sound |

https://www.amazon.com/Omen-Gamer-Laptop-NVIDIA-i7-7700...

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (6MB Cache, 2.8GHz-3.8GHz) 45W
RAM: 32GB DDR4-2400MHz | Hard Drive: 512GB Solid State Drive + 1TB Hard Disk Drive
Keyboard: Backlit | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 | Display: 17.3" Full HD at 60Hz (1920 x 1080)
32GB RAM, 512GB Solid State Drive & 1TB HDD Upgrades | 3-Year CUK Limited Warranty

expected gaming performance:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX...

cheers
Share
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS