4100 bell receiver

Lucille50

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
I have a 4100 bell receiver and i would like to connect it to my lg 4k smart tv using hdmi but it only has av option. Would it improve the picture and/or is it even possible to convert the av to an hdmi outlet to go to my tv? Or even component?

Solution
There would be no improvement in picture quality by using an AV to HDMI converter. If your TV has an AV input then use it. Some TVs have a shared component/composite video input so check you owners manual on how to use it.
Get an HD box since the difference in picture quality on your new TV will be huge.

Lucille50

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017

Lucille50

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
I was planning on buying a converter if it'll work and onlybif it will improve the picture. What do you think? If it will improve the pic what should I buy?

kanewolf

Judicious
It is an SD quality output with ANY of outputs. I don't know what kind of upscaling hardware the TV has. Try it with the coax and if you don't like it, then get an S video to HDMI converter. You may not like that either ... It is a low quality signal to start with.

Lucille50

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017

Lucille50

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
I will try the coax but I honestly need you to explain to me what to do as I am not bery tech smart. Another question I have is is there a bell receiver that has an hdmi output bit will take the same smart card

kanewolf

Judicious

Your content provider (satellite ? provider) will be best able to tell you what hardware you can use.

Assuming your 4100 looks like this
FS415019-500992.jpg

You would connect a coax cable to the white port on the left edge of the picture to a similar connection on the back of your TV. Then use the menus in the TV to "scan for channels". See if your satellite display shows up.

Lucille50

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017

There would be no improvement in picture quality by using an AV to HDMI converter. If your TV has an AV input then use it. Some TVs have a shared component/composite video input so check you owners manual on how to use it.
Get an HD box since the difference in picture quality on your new TV will be huge.

Solution