Your question

How to install microsoft office on a computer that does not have internet connection

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Internet Connection
  • Office
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
March 20, 2017 12:52:35 PM

Does anyone know how to do this???
Would it work if i downloaded and installed onto a computer that was completely empty then move it to a usb and then to the computer without internet connection. I have already bought a package and need to be able to do this, any ideas?

More about : install microsoft office computer internet connection

March 20, 2017 1:03:39 PM

The newer versions can be installed offline, but require an internet connection to download, and still need to activate via an internet connection - there's really no way of getting around that in 2017.

To install offline: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-the-Office...

m
0
l
March 20, 2017 1:12:00 PM

Is this a physical copy or an office 365 copy?

If it is a retail physical copy then just install with CD.

If office 365 then no, you need internet connection.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 20, 2017 1:17:39 PM

Barty1884 said:
The newer versions can be installed offline, but require an internet connection to download, and still need to activate via an internet connection - there's really no way of getting around that in 2017.

To install offline: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-the-Office...



So if i were to download this offline installation and put that on the usb would it work?

m
0
l
March 20, 2017 1:18:34 PM

boosted1g said:
Is this a physical copy or an office 365 copy?

If it is a retail physical copy then just install with CD.

If office 365 then no, you need internet connection.


unfortunately it is not a physical copy
m
0
l
March 20, 2017 1:26:53 PM

Unlucky1234 said:
Does anyone know how to do this???
Would it work if i downloaded and installed onto a computer that was completely empty then move it to a usb and then to the computer without internet connection. I have already bought a package and need to be able to do this, any ideas?


What "package" did you buy, specifically?
m
0
l
March 20, 2017 1:33:55 PM

USAFRet said:
Unlucky1234 said:
Does anyone know how to do this???
Would it work if i downloaded and installed onto a computer that was completely empty then move it to a usb and then to the computer without internet connection. I have already bought a package and need to be able to do this, any ideas?


What "package" did you buy, specifically?


Office Home & Student 2016
m
0
l
March 20, 2017 1:38:44 PM

Unlucky1234 said:
USAFRet said:
Unlucky1234 said:
Does anyone know how to do this???
Would it work if i downloaded and installed onto a computer that was completely empty then move it to a usb and then to the computer without internet connection. I have already bought a package and need to be able to do this, any ideas?


What "package" did you buy, specifically?


Office Home & Student 2016


Online, as a download thing, right?
The above linked Offline installer should work.
m
0
l
March 20, 2017 1:47:54 PM

USAFRet said:
Unlucky1234 said:
USAFRet said:
Unlucky1234 said:
Does anyone know how to do this???
Would it work if i downloaded and installed onto a computer that was completely empty then move it to a usb and then to the computer without internet connection. I have already bought a package and need to be able to do this, any ideas?


What "package" did you buy, specifically?


Office Home & Student 2016


Online, as a download thing, right?
The above linked Offline installer should work.


Not sure what you're saying here, My one computer can be online, the other (which needs the office applications) is not.
m
0
l
16 minutes ago

Unlucky1234 said:


Not sure what you're saying here, My one computer can be online, the other (which needs the office applications) is not.


From that Office link, above:
"If your Office 2016 or Office 2013 product is included under one of the Office for home plans and you're having problems with slow speed or unreliable connections, you can download the offline installer file. You can then install Office offline on a PC at your convenience."
m
0
l
4 minutes ago

You can download via that link, save the file, move it to the system you actually want to install on & run the installer (appears as it's own drive when running).
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS