Tags:
  • Laptops
  • BIOS
  • Celeron
  • Processors
  • Core
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
January 21, 2017 1:14:39 AM

I have swapped my laptop cpu with core duo t2250. The original processor was celeron m 430. I have checked all the pararmeters regarding the compatibility of the new processor for my laptop Motherboard. But only issue is that the system is not booting with the new processor. I think its due to BIOS.

So please can anyone send me required BIOS or atleast guide me about the proper BIOS. I have updated my laptop with the latest bios available for my system but that doesn't have support for t2250.

More about : upgrading compaq c500 laptop processor celeron 430 core duo t2250

a c 2155 D Laptop
January 25, 2017 10:54:16 AM

If the latest BIOS does not have support for the CPU, it won't work. How did you find that the CPU should work with your laptop?
m
l
February 14, 2017 10:36:20 AM

hang-the-9 said:
If the latest BIOS does not have support for the CPU, it won't work. How did you find that the CPU should work with your laptop?

Yes, i know the BIOS should support it. And this is the problem, the bios for my laptop model doesn't support this processor. So what i actually want to know is - how to add support for a processor in bios or how to modify bios of some other model to work for my model.
Regarding ur second query of CPU - My laptop has socket-M 945gml motherboard and as per intel socket-m compatible cpu's, t2250 should be supported.

m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook