Refurb Dell e7240, Lenovo T430 or new HP

nuseedling

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Hi,

I need help deciding on the best performing & most reliable computer under $500. I have been comparing specs but because I'm not a techie like many of you, my head is spinning. Please give me your advice so I stop wasting time looking at all these different laptop deals. In addition to the performance & reliability, I also would like an ultrabook like the refurb Dell e7240 ($350) I have, durability & at least a 1-year warranty.

1. $300 ( Refurbished ) Lenovo ThinkPad L430 Intel Core i5-3320M, 14" Refurbished Laptop With 8GB Memory, 240GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

2. (new) $430
HP 15-ay013nr 15.6" Full-HD Laptop (6th Generation Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) with Windows 10

thanks for your help.

Solution
If you're comfortable with buying refurbished PCs (and you already have one), I'd say go for the ThinkPad. It has very decent specs and depending on the seller, you might get a good deal on an extended warranty. The HP is, of course, brand-new which is always nice. But in terms of specs it's not going to be a mind-blowing difference (a more efficient CPU, same RAM but less storage).

Edit: Is it a T-series or an L-series? You've indicated both.
If you're comfortable with buying refurbished PCs (and you already have one), I'd say go for the ThinkPad. It has very decent specs and depending on the seller, you might get a good deal on an extended warranty. The HP is, of course, brand-new which is always nice. But in terms of specs it's not going to be a mind-blowing difference (a more efficient CPU, same RAM but less storage).

Edit: Is it a T-series or an L-series? You've indicated both.

Solution

nuseedling

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016