Your question
Solved

Help!!!!!! Please suggest me laptops from the specified configurations (i3 5th or 6th gen Vs i5 4th or 5th gen) Help!!!!!

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • RAM
  • Intel i5
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
October 25, 2016 2:44:27 AM

Please help me decide between the following laptops:

Price range-1:
Laptop A: i3 5005U, 4GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 31000/-)
Laptop B: i3 6100U, 4GB RAM (INR 30000/-)
Laptop C: i5 4210U, 4GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 31000/-)

Price range-2:
Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-)
Laptop B: i5 5200U, 4GB RAM (INR 34000/-)

Please suggest me 1 laptop from each price range.

My usage would be for internet surfing, watching movies, basic usage (just using it like a beginner or even just to run lightly, not heavy usage or as a professional) of applications like java, eclipse, ALM, Auto CAD, Catia and a little bit of casual gaming (not heavy high end games).

For the usage I mentioned above if there is any requirement of dedicated graphic card or an integrated graphic card would be enough??

Any higher i5 or i7 is out of my budget.

So please help me with this.

More about : suggest laptops configurations 5th 6th gen 4th 5th gen

October 25, 2016 5:57:34 AM

Out of your options I'd recommend i3 5005U with 8GB RAM or i5 5200U and you buy another 4GB RAM stick yourself, yet to give a better suggetion I'd like to see some links for those laptops
m
0
l
October 25, 2016 6:08:18 AM

M0D3 said:
Out of your options I'd recommend i3 5005U with 8GB RAM or i5 5200U and you buy another 4GB RAM stick yourself, yet to give a better suggetion I'd like to see some links for those laptops


Can you please suggest me 1 laptop from price range-1 and 1 from price range-2.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 1519 D Laptop
October 25, 2016 7:57:08 AM

Forget about games in this price range "casual gaming" can mean a lot of things so no way to really say if the games you play can run on the systems. To some casual gaming is playing WoW on high settings for only 5 hours a week instead of 30 hours or it can be playing connect the dots flash games which can run on your phone.

For basic use, even though the CPU is a bit slower, the 8 GB model would be better so you can have more things open without going to the hard drive for swap file use as often.

Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-)

Aside from that, get the fastest CPU you can afford, and then you can upgrade the RAM yourself if you want for pretty cheap.
m
0
l
October 25, 2016 8:12:28 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Forget about games in this price range "casual gaming" can mean a lot of things so no way to really say if the games you play can run on the systems. To some casual gaming is playing WoW on high settings for only 5 hours a week instead of 30 hours or it can be playing connect the dots flash games which can run on your phone.

For basic use, even though the CPU is a bit slower, the 8 GB model would be better so you can have more things open without going to the hard drive for swap file use as often.

Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-)

Aside from that, get the fastest CPU you can afford, and then you can upgrade the RAM yourself if you want for pretty cheap.


Thank you for your suggestion I ignore gaming as a criteria then, but I have a query. For internet surfing, watching movies, basic usage (just using it like a beginner or even just to run lightly, not heavy usage or as a professional) of applications like java, eclipse, ALM, Auto CAD, Catia is Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-) is better than Laptop B: i5 5200U, 4GB RAM (INR 34000/-)?? I ask this as i5 5th gen (Laptop-B) is powerful than i3 5th gen (Laptop-A)

Are no laptops in price range-1 are efficient in carrying out the activities I mentioned?
m
0
l
a c 1519 D Laptop
October 25, 2016 8:21:30 AM

SandeepG said:
hang-the-9 said:
Forget about games in this price range "casual gaming" can mean a lot of things so no way to really say if the games you play can run on the systems. To some casual gaming is playing WoW on high settings for only 5 hours a week instead of 30 hours or it can be playing connect the dots flash games which can run on your phone.

For basic use, even though the CPU is a bit slower, the 8 GB model would be better so you can have more things open without going to the hard drive for swap file use as often.

Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-)

Aside from that, get the fastest CPU you can afford, and then you can upgrade the RAM yourself if you want for pretty cheap.


Thank you for your suggestion I ignore gaming as a criteria then, but I have a query. For internet surfing, watching movies, basic usage (just using it like a beginner or even just to run lightly, not heavy usage or as a professional) of applications like java, eclipse, ALM, Auto CAD, Catia is Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-) is better than Laptop B: i5 5200U, 4GB RAM (INR 34000/-)?? I ask this as i5 5th gen (Laptop-B) is powerful than i3 5th gen (Laptop-A)

Are no laptops in price range-1 are efficient in carrying out the activities I mentioned?


The two are just about equal, you have faster CPU but less RAM, which can cause slowdowns vs slower CPU but more RAM which process slower but won't slow down as much when more programs are open at same time.

Really the best combo is the i5 CPU with 8 GB of RAM. If not, you can pick either one and will have just about equal performance in real use.
m
0
l
October 25, 2016 9:02:47 AM

hang-the-9 said:
SandeepG said:
hang-the-9 said:
Forget about games in this price range "casual gaming" can mean a lot of things so no way to really say if the games you play can run on the systems. To some casual gaming is playing WoW on high settings for only 5 hours a week instead of 30 hours or it can be playing connect the dots flash games which can run on your phone.

For basic use, even though the CPU is a bit slower, the 8 GB model would be better so you can have more things open without going to the hard drive for swap file use as often.

Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-)

Aside from that, get the fastest CPU you can afford, and then you can upgrade the RAM yourself if you want for pretty cheap.


Thank you for your suggestion I ignore gaming as a criteria then, but I have a query. For internet surfing, watching movies, basic usage (just using it like a beginner or even just to run lightly, not heavy usage or as a professional) of applications like java, eclipse, ALM, Auto CAD, Catia is Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-) is better than Laptop B: i5 5200U, 4GB RAM (INR 34000/-)?? I ask this as i5 5th gen (Laptop-B) is powerful than i3 5th gen (Laptop-A)

Are no laptops in price range-1 are efficient in carrying out the activities I mentioned?


The two are just about equal, you have faster CPU but less RAM, which can cause slowdowns vs slower CPU but more RAM which process slower but won't slow down as much when more programs are open at same time.

Really the best combo is the i5 CPU with 8 GB of RAM. If not, you can pick either one and will have just about equal performance in real use.


Thank you sir. So, faster CPU with less RAM (i5,4GB) and slower CPU with more RAM (i3, 8GB) are equal practically.
Sir, do the generations of the processor shows a vast difference?? Like i5 4th gen Vs i3 5th or 6th gen as in the case of Price range-1.In the set of price range-1 for 3 to 4 years can you please rearrange them in decreasing order for my usage mentioned??
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
October 25, 2016 9:14:53 AM

The ones saying 2gb graphics plainly have a dedicated GPU .
The question is what GPU is it exactly ??

It makes a massive difference over what laptop id personally recommend.

Once the igp starts sucking up system ram to power the graphics it can have an adverse affect on performance on a 4gb ram , single hard drive setup.
m
0
l
October 25, 2016 9:19:43 AM

madmatt30 said:
The ones saying 2gb graphics plainly have a dedicated GPU .
The question is what GPU is it exactly ??

It makes a massive difference over what laptop id personally recommend.

Once the igp starts sucking up system ram to power the graphics it can have an adverse affect on performance on a 4gb ram , single hard drive setup.


The 2GB graphic card is AMD Radeon R5 M330 in combination with 4GB ram
m
0
l
October 25, 2016 9:23:56 AM

madmatt30 said:
The ones saying 2gb graphics plainly have a dedicated GPU .
The question is what GPU is it exactly ??

It makes a massive difference over what laptop id personally recommend.

Once the igp starts sucking up system ram to power the graphics it can have an adverse affect on performance on a 4gb ram , single hard drive setup.


The 2GB graphic card is AMD Radeon R5 Series M330 or GeForce 920M in combination with 8GB ram
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
October 25, 2016 9:46:06 AM

Laptop 3 from price range 1

Range 2 - little bit meeh mate.
I wouldn't buy the i3 5005u in any form full stop its weak IMO.
2ghz clock , no turbo, the older i5 4210 will just crush it performance wise


m
0
l
October 25, 2016 10:18:31 AM

madmatt30 said:
Laptop 3 from price range 1

Range 2 - little bit meeh mate.
I wouldn't buy the i3 5005u in any form full stop its weak IMO.
2ghz clock , no turbo, the older i5 4210 will just crush it performance wise




Thank you. So, you would suggest laptop 3 in price range-1.
What about price range-2,do you think, i5 4210u with 4gb ram 2gb graphics beats i3 5005u with 8gb ram 2gb graphics? If it is so, then what about i5 5200u with 4gb ram no graphics Vs i3 5005u with 8gb ram 2gb graphics?
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
October 25, 2016 10:46:26 AM

SandeepG said:
madmatt30 said:
Laptop 3 from price range 1

Range 2 - little bit meeh mate.
I wouldn't buy the i3 5005u in any form full stop its weak IMO.
2ghz clock , no turbo, the older i5 4210 will just crush it performance wise




Thank you. So, you would suggest laptop 3 in price range-1.
What about price range-2,do you think, i5 4210u with 4gb ram 2gb graphics beats i3 5005u with 8gb ram 2gb graphics? If it is so, then what about i5 5200u with 4gb ram no graphics Vs i3 5005u with 8gb ram 2gb graphics?


4gb ram with no dedicated graphics is going to be the killer mate imo at the end of the day.
Like I said I woudlnt consider the 5005u full stop,used notebooks with them ,theyre just generally sluggish performers.
i3 6100u or i5 5200u with 8 gb ram & no dedicated graphics would be great but theyre not options you have.
the 4210u is a fast cpu & with 2gb dedicated graphics youl manage fine with 4gb system ram imo.

Out of everything youve listed its just the best balanced imo .

m
0
l
October 25, 2016 12:03:20 PM

madmatt30 said:
SandeepG said:
madmatt30 said:
Laptop 3 from price range 1

Range 2 - little bit meeh mate.
I wouldn't buy the i3 5005u in any form full stop its weak IMO.
2ghz clock , no turbo, the older i5 4210 will just crush it performance wise




Thank you. So, you would suggest laptop 3 in price range-1.
What about price range-2,do you think, i5 4210u with 4gb ram 2gb graphics beats i3 5005u with 8gb ram 2gb graphics? If it is so, then what about i5 5200u with 4gb ram no graphics Vs i3 5005u with 8gb ram 2gb graphics?


4gb ram with no dedicated graphics is going to be the killer mate imo at the end of the day.
Like I said I woudlnt consider the 5005u full stop,used notebooks with them ,theyre just generally sluggish performers.
i3 6100u or i5 5200u with 8 gb ram & no dedicated graphics would be great but theyre not options you have.
the 4210u is a fast cpu & with 2gb dedicated graphics youl manage fine with 4gb system ram imo.

Out of everything youve listed its just the best balanced imo .



Thank you for your valuable suggestion
m
0
l

Best solution

October 31, 2016 8:43:00 PM

SandeepG said:
Please help me decide between the following laptops:

Price range-1:
Laptop A: i3 5005U, 4GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 31000/-)
Laptop B: i3 6100U, 4GB RAM (INR 30000/-)
Laptop C: i5 4210U, 4GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 31000/-)

Price range-2:
Laptop A: i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics (INR 33000/-)
Laptop B: i5 5200U, 4GB RAM (INR 34000/-)

Please suggest me 1 laptop from each price range.

My usage would be for internet surfing, watching movies, basic usage (just using it like a beginner or even just to run lightly, not heavy usage or as a professional) of applications like java, eclipse, ALM, Auto CAD, Catia and a little bit of casual gaming (not heavy high end games).

For the usage I mentioned above if there is any requirement of dedicated graphic card or an integrated graphic card would be enough??

Any higher i5 or i7 is out of my budget.

So please help me with this.


I would suggest you to go with i3 5005U, 8GB RAM, 2GB Graphics, bcoz there is not much difference between i3 and i5 and this would be the best config that i would suggest...!
Share
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS