Your question
Solved

laptop shutting off randomly on battery power

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
October 15, 2016 12:18:42 PM

hello

my laptop shuts off completly at ramdon times
doesnt matter the charge.
it crashes when i am using laptop for a while like on ac and battery is fully charged i close the screen and let something and i close the screen and let it be drained.
and doesnt crashes on ac.
and the laptop doesnt crash right away on battery. after like 1 to 2 hours or around low charge.
another thing i noticed it usually crashes when i close the screen and leave it.
i mean when it using low power
...
tried two batteries still same problem
batteries are new. i highly doubt it as a battery problem

More about : laptop shutting randomly battery power

October 15, 2016 12:33:15 PM

Have you tried checking the laptop's temps? If they are high, this could be what is shutting it down.

Try installing a program for monitoring like "Speedfan" or others out there. There are a few, I just happen to like that one. Make sure to set it to log your temps and then let it run. It should let you know what the temps are on the device when doing nothing and when running different programs/games, etc.

Then let us know the temps. :) 
m
0
l
October 15, 2016 12:48:29 PM

device is stone cold when it crashes
i got a gpu. it never crashes when i am on ac.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 15, 2016 12:54:53 PM

webworkings said:
Have you tried checking the laptop's temps? If they are high, this could be what is shutting it down.

Try installing a program for monitoring like "Speedfan" or others out there. There are a few, I just happen to like that one. Make sure to set it to log your temps and then let it run. It should let you know what the temps are on the device when doing nothing and when running different programs/games, etc.

Then let us know the temps. :) 

device is stone cold when it crashes
i got a gpu. it never crashes when i am on ac.

m
0
l
October 15, 2016 12:58:02 PM

Hmm. Very odd. It is usually temps that is the cause of such issues.
m
0
l

Best solution

October 15, 2016 12:59:18 PM

Have you checked the power settings to make sure it isn't setting itself to sleep or hibernate when it reaches a certain power level and then it is getting stuck?
Share
October 16, 2016 2:34:36 AM

webworkings said:
Have you checked the power settings to make sure it isn't setting itself to sleep or hibernate when it reaches a certain power level and then it is getting stuck?

ok my previous battery was crashing but this only did it at one time
and it was on 5 % charge
in this cycle charge. 100 capacity was 2111ma/h
but after the crash it got to 2051ma/h
so it was a new battery checking its maximum capicity and crashed on 5%
after that it did not crash
my battery is local ( i live in pakistan official battery costs a fortune)
but modal is right
the dealer told me it will do weird things on first to third charge before it becomes stable
well anyway thanks for the help.
m
0
l
October 16, 2016 4:56:23 AM

nope still crashing
checked temps
they are fine
i have to take it to a repair shop
i was avioding this
m
0
l
October 16, 2016 4:45:43 PM

Alas, sometimes there is only so much we can do. Do let us know how it goes. :) 
m
0
l
October 18, 2016 2:19:23 AM

webworkings said:
Alas, sometimes there is only so much we can do. Do let us know how it goes. :) 


bsod on ac. check my other thread. any reason what it could be
and it crashed like 4 times in past week. i have exams so after 27 oct i will get it cleaned and repaired.
i want to know about the bsods
and i reinstalled network drivers.
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS