Your question
Solved

Please help me choose on which laptop to buy.

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • RAM
  • Dell
  • LED Monitor
  • Hard Drives
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
October 10, 2016 9:51:35 PM

Good day! I wanted to buy a laptop and I don't know which one should I pick. I'm down with three options.I also want to tell you that my options are limited in where I live. Also, I can't find any 8GB that within that price range. I found an 8GB but it costs $1000 and up. I will be doing some photo editing using Adobe Lightroom. No video editing just photo.

The first one is Dell costs $525.18
i3 6300U
4GB RAM
1TB HDD
AMD R5 M335 2GB DDR3
15.6" LED

The second one is Asus costs $679.64
i5-6200U
4GB RAM
1TB HDD
GeForce 940MX 2GB
14" LED

The last one is MSI costs $700.24
i5-6300HQ
4GB RAM
1TB HDD
GeForce 940MX 2GB
15.6" LED

More about : choose laptop buy

a b D Laptop
October 10, 2016 10:36:08 PM

Go with msi 940mx is better and the cpu is better.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
October 10, 2016 11:10:35 PM

If you are in the states, a laptop with those specs does not cost that much.
An i5 6th gen, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 940MX starts out around $500 and goes up from there.
Try using this link for newegg.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 11, 2016 12:33:19 AM

Illumynization said:
If you are in the states, a laptop with those specs does not cost that much.
An i5 6th gen, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 940MX starts out around $500 and goes up from there.
Try using this link for newegg.


I'm from Philippines so prices are ridiculous.
m
0
l
October 11, 2016 12:34:13 AM

Purpletalon55 said:
Go with msi 940mx is better and the cpu is better.


just a quick question. Is there a huge difference between geforce 940mx and Intel HD graphics that comes with the 6300U CPU?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
October 11, 2016 11:27:43 AM

The difference is noticeable but the iGPU can still 'run' the program. 14 inch vs 15.6 inch might interest you as the 15 inch will not come with a numberpad which a lot of people like having. The extra screen space as well for all the toolbars in light room.
Share
October 11, 2016 10:40:08 PM

Illumynization said:
The difference is noticeable but the iGPU can still 'run' the program. 14 inch vs 15.6 inch might interest you as the 15 inch will not come with a numberpad which a lot of people like having. The extra screen space as well for all the toolbars in light room.


So which one should I get between these three? In your opinion which is better in general? Like the overall performance and the price.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
October 11, 2016 10:44:24 PM

MSI costs $700.24
i5-6300HQ
4GB RAM
1TB HDD
GeForce 940MX 2GB
15.6" LED

This one
m
0
l
a c 695 D Laptop
October 12, 2016 4:53:43 AM

Get the last one. This cpu is more powerful than the other 2.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
October 12, 2016 5:37:09 AM

Like they have all said. The last one is probably your best bet.

Be sure to also change the settings to use the gpu instead of auto select.
m
0
l
October 12, 2016 7:56:48 AM

Illumynization said:
Like they have all said. The last one is probably your best bet.

Be sure to also change the settings to use the gpu instead of auto select.


Thanks! :D 
m
0
l
October 12, 2016 7:57:05 AM

And for other people who answered, thanks!
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS