Janis_7

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
Hello,
My HP 455 G2 (with AMD CPU)laptop won't start.
1. Two weeks ago incident happened I infuse my PC with water, after then PC won't start
2. When I press power button, display stays black, but flashes num + caps lock and after few seconds cooler starts work very fast and loud
3. I do remove all parts from copmuter, left only motherboard, power button keybord, or cooler, same issue stays
Lights flashes 3 + 3

Q1.Do my laptop motherboard is dead?
Q2..What motherboards can be replaced?
Q3, Any other suggestion what can be broken?

Solution
With liquid damage all bets are off. It can cause tons of damage or no damage at all. It really depends well fate's sense of humor. :)

I am hoping you left it open, unplugged, battery removed and drying for a while, days if not longer, after this happened. If not, then more damage could have been done. Especially if you tried to power it on at all or left the battery in while it was still wet.

If you are comfortable taking it apart yourself (if not take it to a tech) I would take the time to slowly take out and clean off most parts. and make sure they really get to dry. Also, check the battery really well for having gotten any moisture on it. If it did, you should not reuse it.
With liquid damage all bets are off. It can cause tons of damage or no damage at all. It really depends well fate's sense of humor. :)

I am hoping you left it open, unplugged, battery removed and drying for a while, days if not longer, after this happened. If not, then more damage could have been done. Especially if you tried to power it on at all or left the battery in while it was still wet.

If you are comfortable taking it apart yourself (if not take it to a tech) I would take the time to slowly take out and clean off most parts. and make sure they really get to dry. Also, check the battery really well for having gotten any moisture on it. If it did, you should not reuse it.

Solution