HP 2000 Notebook screen dark after LCD replacement

Jillians

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
I know it's been asked before, but I'm still struggling with this. HP 2000-216NR. Screen was cracked. Removed and replaced with the proper part. The screen works, but it's so dim I have to hold a flashlight on it to use it. I did not replace the video cable when I did the screen. This laptop doesn't have an inverter. The old screen was damaged to such a degree that I can't rely on it as a reference. *There is a chance that the new screen was installed with the battery in place. Any way to check for blown fuse without getting another screen?*

Solution
Well, other than the obvious, being trying to up the brightness on the device (sometimes the little things help), you could try checking in "Device Manager" to make sure there aren't two (or more) different display adapters. If this is the case, it can lead to confusion. You will need to figure out which one is the correct one, and disable and/or remove the other.

Jillians

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Tried a second LCD replacement with the same result. Replaced the lid switch and cleaned all connectors. Same result. Video cable looks solid. It's driving me INSANE.

Well, other than the obvious, being trying to up the brightness on the device (sometimes the little things help), you could try checking in "Device Manager" to make sure there aren't two (or more) different display adapters. If this is the case, it can lead to confusion. You will need to figure out which one is the correct one, and disable and/or remove the other.

Solution