Hi,I have dell inspiron n5050, In my Laptop when i m trying to increase or Decrease of Brightness it does not work properly, it jst seen the logo of brightness on th screen bt it dsnt work, Plz hlp me to solv this.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to try and uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.
- Test it again after the reboot and see if the brightness will work or not.
- If it will still not work, do try adjusting the brightness manually inside Power Options.
- And if that will still not work do run System Restore.
- Here's how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-re...
- And lastly, if all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows.