which are the 2016 best three 55inch 4K Ultra HD. Is a Sony model one of them?

Solution
With Sharp no longer in the business we have to go elsewhere. Panasonic make the most reliable TVs, but their 4k are expensive. A Vierra 1080p would fit your budget. My second bet would be Sony and they have a 4k 55" right around the $800 mark.

Samsung and LG are the 2 mass market Korean sets. They seem nice but I don't trust their reliability. I've had so much rotten luck with Samsung and LG electronics that I quit buying them. Just like Hyundai. They try to offer a lot for your money and advertise how nice they're things are compared to the competition which is true. Hyundai does have a nice car for the money compared to Honda, but that's while it's sitting on the lot brand new. 6 years later and the Honda is still like...

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
With Sharp no longer in the business we have to go elsewhere. Panasonic make the most reliable TVs, but their 4k are expensive. A Vierra 1080p would fit your budget. My second bet would be Sony and they have a 4k 55" right around the $800 mark.

Samsung and LG are the 2 mass market Korean sets. They seem nice but I don't trust their reliability. I've had so much rotten luck with Samsung and LG electronics that I quit buying them. Just like Hyundai. They try to offer a lot for your money and advertise how nice they're things are compared to the competition which is true. Hyundai does have a nice car for the money compared to Honda, but that's while it's sitting on the lot brand new. 6 years later and the Honda is still like new while the Hyundai is itching for a trade in. I feel the same way about LG and Samsung.

I'd be looking at Sony. Or a Panasonic if you have a dealer nearby and want to check them out.

Solution