Your question
Closed

graphics card upgrade Lenovo Y700

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Gtx
  • Lenovo
  • Graphics Cards
  • Geforce
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
April 12, 2016 1:57:06 PM

I have a Lenovo Y700 laptop and I want to upgrade the graphics card. I have geforce gtx 960m and I want to upgrade it to geforce gtx 960.
Is this possible?

More about : graphics card upgrade lenovo y700

a c 351 D Laptop
a c 128 U Graphics card
April 12, 2016 2:27:37 PM

Nope. can't put a desktop gpu in a laptop, not that laptop anyway.
Score
0
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2016 2:48:24 PM

Yazeedkhamis said:
I have a Lenovo Y700 laptop and I want to upgrade the graphics card. I have geforce gtx 960m and I want to upgrade it to geforce gtx 960.
Is this possible?


No, its soldered in the only laptops with upgradable mobile GPUS are Sager/Clevo
Score
0
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2016 9:57:15 PM

Yazeedkhamis said:
rgd1101 said:
Nope. can't put a desktop gpu in a laptop, not that laptop anyway.


But I can change it to other laptop graphics card? I want to make renders using lumion and they have this list of graphic cards.
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html


no
Score
0

Best solution

a c 351 D Laptop
a c 128 U Graphics card
April 13, 2016 6:22:37 AM

Yazeedkhamis said:
rgd1101 said:
Nope. can't put a desktop gpu in a laptop, not that laptop anyway.


But I can change it to other laptop graphics card? I want to make renders using lumion and they have this list of graphic cards.
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html


sure, you could buy a new laptop.
Share
April 22, 2016 9:05:18 AM

I think that ther is a method to do that but you will lose youre wifi connectivity by use it's pcie port, u will need a psu and desktop gpu and connectors, but I don't know how to do it. All I can say that it is possible make researches
Score
0
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS