I have an HP 2000-2b19WM laptop with broken screen

mimi123

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
i have an HP2000-2b19WM laptop with a broken screen. I hooked it up to an external monitor and it has been working fine but today I went to restore the factory settings and now it will not hook up to my external monitor and I cannot see the laptop screen because it is broken. Please help.... Thanks

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work you may need to open your laptop then unplug the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard then try it again.
- If you unplug the LCD ribbon cable from the motherboard that makes the external monitor as the default screen.

Hopefully this will help. :)
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work you may need to open your laptop then unplug the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard then try it again.
- If you unplug the LCD ribbon cable from the motherboard that makes the external monitor as the default screen.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Solution

mimi123

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016

mimi123

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
Thank you soooo much! We did have to disconnect the led cable from the motherboard. Thanks so much for your help! We were trying to do a factor reset and the screen is now saying diagnosing your PC and preparing automatic repair. Should I just leave it alone? Sorry I'm pretty computer illiterate. Thanks