Your question
Closed

I have my user name and passwword but I cannot get past a page that says "Please confirm your new phone number." It also says

Last response: in Social Networking
November 13, 2015 2:06:51 PM

Cannot log in to my Facebook account.

More about : user passwword past page confirm phone number

November 13, 2015 2:12:01 PM

Contact Facebook.
Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:13:13 PM

+1 @ USAFRet...
Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:13:53 PM

Is it sending a text to your phone for confirmation. That's what that kind of message is usually referring to.
Score
0
Anonymous
November 13, 2015 2:14:37 PM

How about you go and "confirm your new phone number"? That should do the trick.
Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:34:57 PM

Many questions can be answered by simply GOOGLING it or by using common sense (like reading the help at facebook.com).
Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:43:18 PM

why_wolf said:
Is it sending a text to your phone for confirmation. That's what that kind of message is usually referring to.
It says it is, but despite clicking "click here" dozens of times, no message has arrived at my cell phone. Earlier on, it also said it was sending me an e-mail. I asked for that numerous times, but it never arrived either. There is no way to contact Facebook, so I seem to be stuck for good.

Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:44:19 PM

utroz said:
Many questions can be answered by simply GOOGLING it or by using common sense (like reading the help at facebook.com).


Yes, well, that's what I've been doing all day. It's like chasing my own tail. You can't get there from here.....

Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:45:46 PM

Anonymous said:
How about you go and "confirm your new phone number"? That should do the trick.
Because to do that, they actually have to send the SMS to my cell phone. Despite clicking "click here to resend" dozens of times, no message has ever shown up. Ditto for the E-mails they claimed they were sending.

Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:50:52 PM

Well, I'm not sure what we out here can do for you. We have no inroads into Facebook.

Is this a new account, or an existing one?
Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:55:32 PM

USAFRet said:
Well, I'm not sure what we out here can do for you. We have no inroads into Facebook.


Is this a new account, or an existing one?


Long time existing account. I lost all my passwords and started trying to reset my password via FB help. That was a serious error in judgment. It drove me into a corner and now I can't get out.

I know no one has inroads into FB - just thought it might have happened to someone else and he/she was able to find a solution. Doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Score
0
November 13, 2015 2:59:19 PM

We have to be really careful what we say about anything to do with passwords because helping people get around passwords is against Forum rules. You will have to get in contact with Facebook. Usually you can use the email you used to setup your facebook account to recover your account..
Score
0
November 13, 2015 3:01:29 PM

dawwenmom said:
USAFRet said:
Well, I'm not sure what we out here can do for you. We have no inroads into Facebook.


Is this a new account, or an existing one?


Long time existing account. I lost all my passwords and started trying to reset my password via FB help. That was a serious error in judgment. It drove me into a corner and now I can't get out.

I know no one has inroads into FB - just thought it might have happened to someone else and he/she was able to find a solution. Doesn't hurt to ask, right?


Again, FB is the only entity that can 'fix' this.
Score
0

Best solution

November 13, 2015 3:36:43 PM

Thanks, everyone. Between us, AT&T and I were able to trick FB. I am very proud.
Share
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS