Your question

looking for a laptop amd or intel

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • AMD
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
August 24, 2015 8:47:05 PM

Hello guys,

Im looking for a laptop for programming (visual studio, sqlserver, netbeans,etc)

I have this in mind hp pavilion 15z-ab100, amd a8-7410, 8gb ram, 15.6", radeon r5, etc http://m.store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-pavilion-15z...

Budget more 250 less 400, i know intel is more expensive, but what do you think. Thanks

More about : laptop amd intel

a c 229 D Laptop
a c 205 À AMD
August 24, 2015 9:20:08 PM

I personally have had a bad time with HP laptops. They come with so much bloatware it isn't even funny. I suggest Toshiba, Dell, Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte.

I highly suggest this model while it's on sale: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
August 24, 2015 11:19:07 PM

Consider the advantages of a laptop. If you haven't had a laptop before, it can be a good idea to consider the possible benefits of owning one. When compared with a desktop, laptops have quite a few advantages.
You can take a laptop with you wherever you go, even abroad provided that you take a power adapter as well.
Many laptops can do what we expect most desktops to do. While you may not be able to run the latest games at their highest settings, most modern laptops are quite capable for all different tasks.

Laptops save on space and are easy to move out of the way. This makes them great for small apartments, or for using on your bedroom desk.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 24, 2015 11:44:43 PM

Edwardw35 said:
Consider the advantages of a laptop. If you haven't had a laptop before, it can be a good idea to consider the possible benefits of owning one. When compared with a desktop, laptops have quite a few advantages.
You can take a laptop with you wherever you go, even abroad provided that you take a power adapter as well.
Many laptops can do what we expect most desktops to do. While you may not be able to run the latest games at their highest settings, most modern laptops are quite capable for all different tasks.

Laptops save on space and are easy to move out of the way. This makes them great for small apartments, or for using on your bedroom desk.


I had a dell studio 1458 with a core i5 560m 1st generation but i want to upgrade and i want to know how is the performance of the amd a8 7410 because intel the newest core i generations are expensive maybe could be better than the amd but if amd is good enough for programming and everyday computing i would rather amd

m
0
l
August 24, 2015 11:52:04 PM

TechyInAZ said:
I personally have had a bad time with HP laptops. They come with so much bloatware it isn't even funny. I suggest Toshiba, Dell, Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte.

I highly suggest this model while it's on sale: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


I have had 3 dell laptops and the 3 i have had the same problem with charging, had to change the ac power cuz i plugged but it didnt charge and i think is a dell manufacturing problem.

Maybe you had bad experience with old hp models but what about the new ones? Why do you suggest this model over the hp i posted ? Considering that the hp has 8gb ram, amd a8 7410 and the price is 349 while the acer has 4gb but an i5 that can be better for the amd, can you tell me more about your experience with this model?. Thanks
m
0
l
a c 817 D Laptop
a b À AMD
August 25, 2015 7:08:59 AM

For light programming yes it should be able to handle it. If you are on the other hand a pro, the cpu is much too weak.
m
0
l
a c 229 D Laptop
a c 205 À AMD
August 25, 2015 8:11:12 AM

onexsp said:
TechyInAZ said:
I personally have had a bad time with HP laptops. They come with so much bloatware it isn't even funny. I suggest Toshiba, Dell, Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte.

I highly suggest this model while it's on sale: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


I have had 3 dell laptops and the 3 i have had the same problem with charging, had to change the ac power cuz i plugged but it didnt charge and i think is a dell manufacturing problem.

Maybe you had bad experience with old hp models but what about the new ones? Why do you suggest this model over the hp i posted ? Considering that the hp has 8gb ram, amd a8 7410 and the price is 349 while the acer has 4gb but an i5 that can be better for the amd, can you tell me more about your experience with this model?. Thanks


I have seen a few new ones, the build quality is good but it's the bloatware that's the issue.

The Acer has an intel core i5 which will be a lot faster than the a8 7410 that you posted. Even though that laptop only has 4GB, that's plenty for programming. The graphics chip is also more powerful than the radeon R5.
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS