Your question

I need Help! huge virus

Tags:
  • HIS
  • Screen Resolution
Last response: in Antivirus / Security / Privacy
April 27, 2015 10:30:20 PM

i have got problems with my cousin brother's pc he had removed and kept his pc because of house shifting to his new house so after 4-5 months he started pc the pc and it was a bit slow and he downloaded some shit virus softwares to speed up, etc. and from that time he has a lot of problems like screen resolution changes on startup, mouse cursor always blinking and other performance issues so he came to me and told it so i just used adw cleaner and malware bytes on his pc it removed nearly 700 viruses, trojans, malware, etc. but then too the screen resolution changes and the mouse cursor blinks all the way. can anyone tell me a solution to this.even i uninstalled alot of programs which are like suspicious but the software which was not able to remove was offerblvd even with some softwares whenever i try to do it the pc used to shutdown.

Help please.

Mtia

More about : huge virus

April 27, 2015 10:39:44 PM

If it really is that bad, simple wipe the drive clean, and do a clean OS install.
m
0
l
April 27, 2015 10:42:44 PM

SkylerJacobs said:
If it really is that bad, simple wipe the drive clean, and do a clean OS install.


he don't want to do it. I could do it for him but anyways he is not living in my city he had brought his pc to my house.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 27, 2015 10:43:48 PM

Utkarsh Mahajan said:
SkylerJacobs said:
If it really is that bad, simple wipe the drive clean, and do a clean OS install.


he don't want to do it. I could do it for him but anyways he is not living in my city he had brought his pc to my house.


And his reasoning as to why he does not want to do a fresh OS install?
m
0
l
April 27, 2015 10:45:49 PM

Once you have that many viruses on a computer, you need to format the hard drive and re-install Windows. The damage done to drivers and system files cannot be fixed.

If you have the original Windows CD/DVD, boot from it, and format every hard drive that is in the system. Then install Windows on the C: drive.

If you do not have the original Windows CD/DVD, you are going to need to buy one or get the manufacturer of your computer to send you one. Expect them to want to charge a fee to replace the Windows installation CDs or DVDs.
m
0
l
April 27, 2015 10:47:46 PM

SkylerJacobs said:
Utkarsh Mahajan said:
SkylerJacobs said:
If it really is that bad, simple wipe the drive clean, and do a clean OS install.


he don't want to do it. I could do it for him but anyways he is not living in my city he had brought his pc to my house.


And his reasoning as to why he does not want to do a fresh OS install?


he has a slow internet he don't wanna download anything again and he don't even have a backup. and at this place they take 10-15$ to make a clean install even having a copy of windows and they don't even install a geniune version here so only i install and give him.the genuine one which he has. :(  in india thats the problem. they sell pirate copies more than genuine copies.
m
0
l
April 27, 2015 10:48:00 PM

MarkW said:
Once you have that many viruses on a computer, you need to format the hard drive and re-install Windows. The damage done to drivers and system files cannot be fixed.

If you have the original Windows CD/DVD, boot from it, and format every hard drive that is in the system. Then install Windows on the C: drive.

If you do not have the original Windows CD/DVD, you are going to need to buy one or get the manufacturer of your computer to send you one. Expect them to want to charge a fee to replace the Windows installation CDs or DVDs.


You do not need to contact a manufacturer or pay a fee to get a windows installation disk. You can easily find a download online, and make a disk yourself.
m
0
l
April 27, 2015 10:50:06 PM

Utkarsh Mahajan said:
SkylerJacobs said:
Utkarsh Mahajan said:
SkylerJacobs said:
If it really is that bad, simple wipe the drive clean, and do a clean OS install.


he don't want to do it. I could do it for him but anyways he is not living in my city he had brought his pc to my house.


And his reasoning as to why he does not want to do a fresh OS install?


he has a slow internet he don't wanna download anything again and he don't even have a backup. and at this place they take 10-15$ to make a clean install even having a copy of windows and they don't even install a geniune version here so only i install and give him.the genuine one which he has. :(  in india thats the problem. they sell pirate copies more than genuine copies.


Then he will have to live with viruses on the computer for the rest of its life. Sorry to say, but that is the reality of the situation.

You can format the drives yourself and install the OS yourself. Its quite easy. A bit time consuming, but easy.
m
0
l
April 27, 2015 10:50:41 PM

Download kaspersky rescue disc, make it bootable, boot kaspersky, update and scan

since it was not used for sometime , open and clean the pc
m
0
l
April 27, 2015 10:52:04 PM

i can install and give him but home his very far. now he is even ready but his copy of windows is gonna expire waiting for sale on g2a.com:( .
m
0
l
April 27, 2015 10:53:46 PM

Run the virus checker and malwarebytes again. Make sure you hit the box in settings that checks for root kits, MBR. Use Cleaner from piriform.com and run it through registry several times until there is nothing left. Also clean out any and all temp folders/files. Open up my computer and run through C drive and check everything. If any folder looks suspicious, investigate it throughly. Google anything you are unsure of.

With over 700 problems, guaranteed your software missed something. No virus scanner is infallible, they do miss some sometimes, use a different one.

If after all that, you still have problems, its more than likely the pc is clean, but one or more of those viruses has corrupted data somewhere usually in Windows, so you'll have to use the windows restore from the boot directory which will reset your key system files back to original, repairing the damage caused by the viruses.

Lotta work, but it beats having to do a full reinstal/format which is the only other way I can think of to repair the damage.
m
0
l
April 28, 2015 12:46:18 AM

SkylerJacobs said:
MarkW said:
Once you have that many viruses on a computer, you need to format the hard drive and re-install Windows. The damage done to drivers and system files cannot be fixed.

If you have the original Windows CD/DVD, boot from it, and format every hard drive that is in the system. Then install Windows on the C: drive.

If you do not have the original Windows CD/DVD, you are going to need to buy one or get the manufacturer of your computer to send you one. Expect them to want to charge a fee to replace the Windows installation CDs or DVDs.


You do not need to contact a manufacturer or pay a fee to get a windows installation disk. You can easily find a download online, and make a disk yourself.


I would not suggest pirating Windows. Which sounds to me like you just did.
m
0
l
April 28, 2015 12:51:17 AM

MarkW said:
SkylerJacobs said:
MarkW said:
Once you have that many viruses on a computer, you need to format the hard drive and re-install Windows. The damage done to drivers and system files cannot be fixed.

If you have the original Windows CD/DVD, boot from it, and format every hard drive that is in the system. Then install Windows on the C: drive.

If you do not have the original Windows CD/DVD, you are going to need to buy one or get the manufacturer of your computer to send you one. Expect them to want to charge a fee to replace the Windows installation CDs or DVDs.


You do not need to contact a manufacturer or pay a fee to get a windows installation disk. You can easily find a download online, and make a disk yourself.


I would not suggest pirating Windows. Which sounds to me like you just did.


I never in any way suggested pirating Windows, nor would i ever. Microsoft themselves provides direct downloads. Anybody can make a windows installation disk, so why on earth would you pay to have one sent to you.. A product key on the other hand, is where the cost comes into play.

Ooh, for windows 7 it seems microsoft has made it to where you must provide a product key now in order to create Windows 7 installation media.
Note: OEM keys will not work.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

As for Windows 8.1, you can easily create installation media.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-res...
m
0
l
April 30, 2015 2:07:58 AM

I am using Avast Antivirus. It will helps you to protect your desktop/laptop from virus.
m
0
l
April 30, 2015 6:43:43 AM

Guys gonna format the pc and only going to take a short period of windows because everyone is going to get win 10 copy for free for 1 year let it be pirate or legit.

anyways and my bro prefer genuine copy. :/ 
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS