Your question
Closed

How To Disable Samsung Smart TV SyncPlus Pop-Ups?

Tags:
  • TV
  • Streaming
  • Smart TV
  • Netflix
  • Samsung
Last response: in Streaming Video & TVs
April 13, 2015 8:32:28 PM

I have had a Samsung UN40ES6100F Smart TV for a couple years now and have been more or less happy with it. Besides normal cable TV, I basically just use the Netflix app and things have worked fine until this evening (4/13/2015).

While watching cable television this evening I started having the TV signal interrupted by a screen labeled SyncPlus, which is apparently some kind of Samsung ad service. It seems to want me to agree to their terms of service for SyncPlus, which I do not want to do. There is no explicit option for disagreeing to the terms of service, only a check box which can be selected to agree. I can exit out of it with my remote but it will pop back up after a minute or two. When it pops up both the video and audio from cable TV are completely blocked. It does not seem to interrupt me if I'm using the Smart TV features.

Does anyone know how to disable these interruptions? The TV was not giving me these interruptions as of last night, I have no interest in this service, and I'd rather not agree to the terms of service as from what I can tell it also involves some amount of data collection. Any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks.

More about : samsung smart syncplus pop ups

April 14, 2015 2:57:11 AM

This YouTube tutorial will walk you through how to disable SyncPlus Pop-Ups on your Samsung Smart TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFy_Ev8EjhA

I believe it always better to visually observe settings being changed than trying to explain it because I might say go to your Smarthub manager and you might not know what I am talking about. If your tv has voice recognition and it irritates you, disable that while you are in there.
Score
0
April 14, 2015 6:05:19 AM

Christiaan Lourens said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFy_Ev8EjhA

I believe it always better to visually observe settings being changed than trying to explain it because I might say go to your Smarthub manager and you might not know what I am talking about. If your tv has voice recognition and it irritates you, disable that while you are in there.


Unfortunately I've tried that. My issue is not that I'm getting ads but that the SyncPlus settings/opt-in screen (e.g. the screen shows at ~0:44 in the video you linked) keeps popping up every couple of minutes. From what I can tell in my settings SyncPlus is "off" and it appears that I don't have "Agree" checked for either the Yahoo or SyncPlus terms and conditions.

I've never had issues with this until last night. I hadn't really heard of SyncPlus until last night. The TV is several years old at this point (I know I've read that newer TVs seem to opt you in by default) and has not exhibited this behavior until last night.
Score
-2
Related resources
April 15, 2015 12:39:01 AM

Did you update the tv the night before it started?
Score
-1
June 4, 2016 1:02:58 PM

dag625 said:


Unfortunately I've tried that. My issue is not that I'm getting ads but that the SyncPlus settings/opt-in screen (e.g. the screen shows at ~0:44 in the video you linked) keeps popping up every couple of minutes. From what I can tell in my settings SyncPlus is "off" and it appears that I don't have "Agree" checked for either the Yahoo or SyncPlus terms and conditions.

I've never had issues with this until last night. I hadn't really heard of SyncPlus until last night. The TV is several years old at this point (I know I've read that newer TVs seem to opt you in by default) and has not exhibited this behavior until last night.


This problem ( SyncPlus settings/opt-in screen popping up) just started on our TV as well. We've tried following the directions on every web page that we could find to no avail. We also had never heard of SyncPlus before. Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE:
After talking with Samsung support with on-line chat, it seems that the only think we missed was the unplugging for 60 seconds then plugging back in. It seems to have stopped it.
Score
1
June 4, 2016 1:49:32 PM

This just started happening to us today. It is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. So far, the above instructions don't work. The only thing that has worked so far (for a few hours at least) is unplugging the tv for a minute and plugging it back in. We have a Samsung JS8500 4k tv. Now I feel like our $3,000 Samsung Smart TV is a piece of junk because of the SyncPlus pop-up ad that happens every 2 minutes. That's about all I can say for now as the rest of what I do want to say isn't fit for public consumption.

I would also like to add that we have checked the box under SyncPlus settings that says "DISABLE". When I view the menu button on the pop-up box, it says OFF. So at this point, I just want to scream.
Score
0
June 4, 2016 1:55:14 PM

I received a SyncPlus pop up on my Samsung Smart TV today as well and nothing I do is working. It say my smart hub PIN is incorrect as well, so I just don't know what to do.
Score
0
June 4, 2016 2:16:04 PM

I just got off the Phone with customer support at Samsung. After you disable the service in the menu (menu-smart hub-terms & policy-syncPlus and marketing-disable syncPlus) close the menu. Then with the television still turned on unplug it from power. Leave it unplugged for two minutes. When you plug it back in the problem is fixed.
Score
3

Best solution

June 4, 2016 2:22:43 PM

Just got done speaking with Samsung customer service. Here was their solution:

1. Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

2. Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the SyncPlus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .

3. After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to SyncPlus.

Be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.
Share
June 4, 2016 3:30:50 PM

These instructions seem to be working for us for the time being. Will update if the problem comes back.

N from CA said:
Just got done speaking with Samsung customer service. Here was their solution:

Ajay I: 1. Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

Ajay I: 2. Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .

Ajay I: 3. After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.

Be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.


Score
0
June 4, 2016 4:29:45 PM

N from CA said:
Just got done speaking with Samsung customer service. Here was their solution:

Ajay I: 1. Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

Ajay I: 2. Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .

Ajay I: 3. After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.

Be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.


This just started happening to me and is extremely frustrating. I tried to follow these directions but the "setup" option is shaded out for me so I can not change anything. Is this the same for anybody else?
Score
0
June 4, 2016 4:38:29 PM

clayk103 said:
N from CA said:
Just got done speaking with Samsung customer service. Here was their solution:

Ajay I: 1. Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

Ajay I: 2. Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .

Ajay I: 3. After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.

Be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.


This just started happening to me and is extremely frustrating. I tried to follow these directions but the "setup" option is shaded out for me so I can not change anything. Is this the same for anybody else?


You have to exit the SyncPlus screen otherwise Setup will be grayed out.
Score
0
June 4, 2016 4:39:40 PM

Never mind! This is working for me now.

Hit the menu button on your smartTV remote>click smart hub>Scroll over and down to terms & policy>scroll down to "SyncPlus and Marketing">check the disable box>unplug your tv for 30 seconds and then plug it back in!

This worked for me I hope it helps you guys:) 
Score
1
June 4, 2016 8:15:52 PM

So very frustrating! The way our tv is mounted I could not simply unplug it after following the directions - so I had to throw the breaker for this area of the house! I'm so glad you posted this and am very thankful for the responses. Fingers crossed this works, but so far so good. I'm still going to make a call to Samsung tomorrow!
Score
0
June 4, 2016 8:32:19 PM

N from CA said:
Just got done speaking with Samsung customer service. Here was their solution:

Ajay I: 1. Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

Ajay I: 2. Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .

Ajay I: 3. After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.

Be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.


I have a samsung un55js700dfxza I got from costco February 2nd 2016 for $1,000.

I went out for dinner tonight with family. When I came back I just wanted to relax and this kept happening. The best way would be to just accept and join sync plus (as long as its free). But I am not sure if I want to join so I am trying this. The Smart Hub is under the menu directly and not in system. Under terms and policy I see options for Syncplus and marketing. If I disable that it will still popups. I unplugged the TV from the back for 2 minutes and now all is good.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 12:01:34 AM

dag625 said:
I have had a Samsung UN40ES6100F Smart TV for a couple years now and have been more or less happy with it. Besides normal cable TV, I basically just use the Netflix app and things have worked fine until this evening (4/13/2015).

While watching cable television this evening I started having the TV signal interrupted by a screen labeled SyncPlus, which is apparently some kind of Samsung ad service. It seems to want me to agree to their terms of service for SyncPlus, which I do not want to do. There is no explicit option for disagreeing to the terms of service, only a check box which can be selected to agree. I can exit out of it with my remote but it will pop back up after a minute or two. When it pops up both the video and audio from cable TV are completely blocked. It does not seem to interrupt me if I'm using the Smart TV features.

Does anyone know how to disable these interruptions? The TV was not giving me these interruptions as of last night, I have no interest in this service, and I'd rather not agree to the terms of service as from what I can tell it also involves some amount of data collection. Any advice is most appreciated. Thanks.


I found the answer on another site since none of the ones on here worked. To disable, you need to go to Menu > Smart Hub, then select the various Terms & Conditions and Privacy policies in that section, mainly SyncPlus and Yahoo. Uncheck any boxes for 'Agree', or check boxes for 'Disagree' (whichever is applicable). Here is the URL that helped: http://cord-cutters.wonderhowto.com/how-to/disable-inte...
Thanks all.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 12:35:00 AM

N from CA said:
Just got done speaking with Samsung customer service. Here was their solution:

Ajay I: 1. Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

Ajay I: 2. Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .

Ajay I: 3. After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.

Be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.



AWESOME!!! Thanks , I was loosing my mind.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 1:57:42 AM

I found the default pin for to be 0000 and now that I reset it my TV has calmed down. This just started happening must be a software update (based on how current these posts are)

I just went to menu>smart hub>reset smart hub and entered the pin and didn't have to unplug or anything. It has stopped now and TV is working correctly now.

Timothy_28 said:
N from CA said:
Just got done speaking with Samsung customer service. Here was their solution:

Ajay I: 1. Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

Ajay I: 2. Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .

Ajay I: 3. After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.

Be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.



AWESOME!!! Thanks , I was loosing my mind.


Score
0
June 5, 2016 8:37:59 AM

Thanks! This seems to have worked for me.

W from Texas said:
I just got off the Phone with customer support at Samsung. After you disable the service in the menu (menu-smart hub-terms & policy-syncPlus and marketing-disable syncPlus) close the menu. Then with the television still turned on unplug it from power. Leave it unplugged for two minutes. When you plug it back in the problem is fixed.


Score
1
June 5, 2016 8:47:28 AM

dag625 said:
I have had a Samsung UN40ES6100F Smart TV for a couple years now and have been more or less happy with it. Besides normal cable TV, I basically just use the Netflix app and things have worked fine until this evening (4/13/2015).

While watching cable television this evening I started having the TV signal interrupted by a screen labeled SyncPlus, which is apparently some kind of Samsung ad service. It seems to want me to agree to their terms of service for SyncPlus, which I do not want to do. There is no explicit option for disagreeing to the terms of service, only a check box which can be selected to agree. I can exit out of it with my remote but it will pop back up after a minute or two. When it pops up both the video and audio from cable TV are completely blocked. It does not seem to interrupt me if I'm using the Smart TV features.

Does anyone know how to disable these interruptions? The TV was not giving me these interruptions as of last night, I have no interest in this service, and I'd rather not agree to the terms of service as from what I can tell it also involves some amount of data collection. Any advice is most appreciated. Thanks.


vincentk said:
I found the default pin for to be 0000 and now that I reset it my TV has calmed down. This just started happening must be a software update (based on how current these posts are)

I just went to menu>smart hub>reset smart hub and entered the pin and didn't have to unplug or anything. It has stopped now and TV is working correctly now.

Timothy_28 said:
N from CA said:
Just got done speaking with Samsung customer service. Here was their solution:

Ajay I: 1. Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.

Ajay I: 2. Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .

Ajay I: 3. After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.

Be sure that you have exited the SyncPlus screen in order to get to Setup in step 1. For step 3 you have to unplug the TV from the wall.



AWESOME!!! Thanks , I was loosing my mind.





Hahaha thank you're the best!!
Score
2
June 5, 2016 10:40:19 AM

Hi -

Please see below steps on how to resolve this issue,

· Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.
· Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .
· After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 10:42:23 AM

Gary_Kephart said:
dag625 said:


Unfortunately I've tried that. My issue is not that I'm getting ads but that the SyncPlus settings/opt-in screen (e.g. the screen shows at ~0:44 in the video you linked) keeps popping up every couple of minutes. From what I can tell in my settings SyncPlus is "off" and it appears that I don't have "Agree" checked for either the Yahoo or SyncPlus terms and conditions.

I've never had issues with this until last night. I hadn't really heard of SyncPlus until last night. The TV is several years old at this point (I know I've read that newer TVs seem to opt you in by default) and has not exhibited this behavior until last night.


This problem ( SyncPlus settings/opt-in screen popping up) just started on our TV as well. We've tried following the directions on every web page that we could find to no avail. We also had never heard of SyncPlus before. Anyone have any ideas?




I had this happen this morning as well. I cantacted Samsung and they advised me to disable SyncPlus. Went to Menu>Smart Hub>Terms & Policies>SyncPlus and Marketing. Elected to disable. Exit out of Menu, then unplug the TV for 60 seconds. Plugged back in and it fixed it.

Hope this helps.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 10:43:05 AM

This started happening to me today (6.5.16). It was super annoying and I've never changed a setting nor did I ever ask for these marketing ploys. Shameful. I followed W from Texas above and it works. What's next? They're going to start calling my cell with robo calls like I already get?
Score
0
June 5, 2016 10:43:13 AM


I had this happen this morning as well. I cantacted Samsung and they advised me to disable SyncPlus. Went to Menu>Smart Hub>Terms & Policies>SyncPlus and Marketing. Elected to disable. Exit out of Menu, then unplug the TV for 60 seconds. Plugged back in and it fixed it.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 11:00:40 AM

I have this exact issue. every 90 seconds or so a SyncPlus window pops up over my TV show. It's like a notification screen for SyncPlus, but the only options are to go to settings and turn the service on or off or to Return. I have tried both turning this service on and turning it off, have tried going into SmartHub and turning the service off there, etc. nothing works. it just started today and it just won't stop. Very strange and frustrating.

dag625 said:
Christiaan Lourens said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFy_Ev8EjhA

I believe it always better to visually observe settings being changed than trying to explain it because I might say go to your Smarthub manager and you might not know what I am talking about. If your tv has voice recognition and it irritates you, disable that while you are in there.


Unfortunately I've tried that. My issue is not that I'm getting ads but that the SyncPlus settings/opt-in screen (e.g. the screen shows at ~0:44 in the video you linked) keeps popping up every couple of minutes. From what I can tell in my settings SyncPlus is "off" and it appears that I don't have "Agree" checked for either the Yahoo or SyncPlus terms and conditions.

I've never had issues with this until last night. I hadn't really heard of SyncPlus until last night. The TV is several years old at this point (I know I've read that newer TVs seem to opt you in by default) and has not exhibited this behavior until last night.


Score
0
June 5, 2016 1:20:36 PM

I want to thank you all for the instructions - we were VERY frustrated by this happening and I find it curious that we all seem to be having the issues around the same time (June 4/5, 2016). Samsung must have pushed something out to all the TVs. Following the disable instructions & then turning off the TV seemed to "fix" the issue.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 3:25:58 PM

We followed the three-step process with success too. While I found this thread, my husband found one through Consumer Reports - apparently it's not just Samsung TV's doing this.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 3:45:05 PM

This had to be a major screw up as my TV started popups last night with the SyncPlus BS stuff and there was no way to stop it. Thanks guys for the solution. I just did the above solution and my TV has been running about 30 minutes without a SyncPlus popup window. Sierra Hotel
Score
0
June 5, 2016 4:17:37 PM

I called Samsung customer service, and they told me to reset the Smart Hub. I did that, and so far the SyncPlus pop-up is gone.

If it comes back, then the next step is a class action suit against Samsung.
Score
1
June 5, 2016 4:38:27 PM

I've had my 4K set for a year and right before Game of Thrones is about to come on the SyncPlus ad pops up. What a nightmare! Follow the instructions to get rid of these nasty pop ups:


· Go to Menu >> System >> Setup and navigate to Smart Hub Terms & conditions page.
· Under Smart Hub Terms & conditions page uncheck the Sync plus and Marketing option, then Complete setup .
· After the Setup unplug and re-plug the TV to stop the adds related to Sync plus.

Make sure once you un-check the sync plus option you move forward. Then power down for 2 minutes.

Good Luck!
Score
0
June 5, 2016 4:39:55 PM

You might have to get in line for a class action suit. The whole 'interactive' TV thing where one's TV is listening, and reacting to user wishes or perceived wishes, or things Samsung things we want, or things that makes Samsung $$ that they are sure we want is the new frontier. It's a brave new world in the 'Internet of Smart things.'
Score
0
June 5, 2016 4:57:18 PM

BTW, this is why all of us need an IOT router plugged into our home router or a router with a 'Guest' network for our 'Internet Of Things.' One doesn't want light bulbs, security cameras, or thermostats with security flaws riding our home network with high value computers.
Score
0
June 5, 2016 5:22:02 PM

My model is UN55JS700D (55" LED S-UHDTV) from Costco and started this same problem a few hours ago today. So far so good on this solution now about 15 minutes later. I left it unplugged for over 2 minutes after doing the instructions given on the menu items. Thank you very much for sharing what samsung customer support told you!!
Score
0
June 5, 2016 5:25:35 PM

Awesome, found the solution in this thread! Exit out of the update by hitting the return button, select menu, scroll to smart hub, select terms and policy, then sync plus and marketing... this is where you see an unchecked box, you need to make sure it's checked, then close the screen and then unplug the TV for 30 secs. Problem solved.


Score
0
June 5, 2016 5:37:59 PM

Thank you W from Texas!!!
This happened to us today as well and your advice was spot on problem solved!!! Hope no other issues pop up!
Thank you!!
Score
0
June 5, 2016 6:11:55 PM

Fred_19 said:
I called Samsung customer service, and they told me to reset the Smart Hub. I did that, and so far the SyncPlus pop-up is gone.

If it comes back, then the next step is a class action suit against Samsung.


We couldn't unplug our TV without taking it off its mount; reseting the Smart Hub worked for us. Thanks so much!
Score
0
June 5, 2016 6:42:29 PM

Thanks everyone! The above steps have worked!
Score
0
June 5, 2016 7:16:55 PM

Same problem here, however, I can't move on in the set up without agreeing to the SyncPlus and Marketing. I will try unplugging and see what happens. Thanks for all the answers!
Score
0
June 5, 2016 8:50:47 PM

I tried the fix where I disabled it then unplugged the TV. It worked... for about 24 hours. Just now it started doing it again.

So I'm supposed to keep unplugging the TV each day to get this to stop working? No. This is completely ridiculous. My first 4k TV was a Sony, and the HDMI ports stopped working after a week. I decided to spend more money and get something more pricey, got the JS8500, and now THIS happens?

Looks like I'm dropping Samsung and going LG. And if THAT starts having issues, then I'm just going to go back to 1080p TVs that can't connect to the internet. I did not pay thousands of dollars to have a blue screen "Syncplus" pop up every two minutes even though it clearly says under preferences that it is disabled.
Score
0
June 6, 2016 2:27:12 AM

Just started happening here at the stroke of 1 AM. I bet there's some kind of signal coming in over the internet telling the TV to display the thing, and the TVs are just dumbly showing the page every time instead of remembering that they already did so once and leaving us poor humans to fester on our couches in peace. I did the whole thing with disabling SyncPlus and unplugging the TV and it seems to have worked, but if it comes back I'm kicking my TV off the wifi connection.
Score
0
June 6, 2016 8:26:39 AM

I just got off the phone with Samsung tech support They told me they have an outage and the enginers are working on developing a permanent fix. IN the mean time he told me to do the following.
Go to menu; smarthub; reset smarthub; unplug tv for 1 minute;
It's been 5 minutes and the tv is working fine.
Score
0
June 6, 2016 8:45:13 AM

Wayne_21, thanks for posting. Tried what you said and working fine. Menu, smarthub, RESET smarthub, unplug TV. Of course these days "unplugging TV" can be quite a nightmare (85 inch TV on the wall). haha. Great forum, would NEVER have figured this out.
Score
0
June 6, 2016 9:05:33 AM

So unhappy right now. My husband is out of town, and I can't get to the plug behind the huge TV that is mounted flat against the wall. I followed all of the other steps, but can't complete this last one without probably having the TV come crashing to the ground :-(
Score
0
June 6, 2016 1:02:52 PM

mrkorb said:
I bet there's some kind of signal coming in over the internet telling the TV to display the thing.


It was my guess, too - so I unplugged my Ethernet internet cable. Still the same! So this is inside TV - due to some recent was firmware update...

So I plan to follow the advice to re-set SmartHub (I've disabled those items the very first day I've got the TV) and then unplug the power for 2 minutes

Score
0
June 6, 2016 1:23:15 PM

dag625 said:
Christiaan Lourens said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFy_Ev8EjhA

I believe it always better to visually observe settings being changed than trying to explain it because I might say go to your Smarthub manager and you might not know what I am talking about. If your tv has voice recognition and it irritates you, disable that while you are in there.


Unfortunately I've tried that. My issue is not that I'm getting ads but that the SyncPlus settings/opt-in screen (e.g. the screen shows at ~0:44 in the video you linked) keeps popping up every couple of minutes. From what I can tell in my settings SyncPlus is "off" and it appears that I don't have "Agree" checked for either the Yahoo or SyncPlus terms and conditions.

I've never had issues with this until last night. I hadn't really heard of SyncPlus until last night. The TV is several years old at this point (I know I've read that newer TVs seem to opt you in by default) and has not exhibited this behavior until last night.


Score
0
June 6, 2016 2:17:08 PM

To the people who are unable to unplug the TV because of its location--
you may want to turn off the circuit breaker. As a last resort you may want to throw the main circuit breaker. Needless you say you will have reset all of your clocks etc but at least you will be able to watch TV.
Good luck.
Score
0
June 6, 2016 2:57:42 PM

Hey did you ever figure out how to disable this annoying sync plus screen that pops up every couple minutes?
Score
0
June 6, 2016 3:16:57 PM

So I'm at the snart hub terms and services in the setup and its not allowing me to continue without having all of them checked. Anyone know anything aboit this?
Score
0
June 6, 2016 4:57:10 PM

See my previous Post.....
I just got off the phone with Samsung tech support They told me they have an outage and the enginers are working on developing a permanent fix. IN the mean time he told me to do the following.
Go to menu; smarthub; reset smarthub; unplug tv for 1 minute;
It's been 5 minutes and the tv is working fine.
Update--it's been approximately 10 hours.
Score
0
June 6, 2016 7:36:53 PM

What a complete nuisance. This started happening to me last night and nothing I did worked. This tutorial seems to be working. I went through the steps, turned the TV off, and unplugged it for 20 seconds. So far so good - no annoying popups
Score
0
      • 1 / 2
      • 2
      • Newest
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS